Good Luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jdwarwick

Good Luck

Post by jdwarwick »

I know most schools are back tomorrow so hope your DCs have a wonderful first day.

FP went back today and boy what a day! Am stilling hearing "we did this, we did that, so and so has got a pony, Mrs Z is wonderful.......". Phew am exhausted (in a nice way of course!) :D

Good luck all.
Frustratedmum

Re: Good Luck

Post by Frustratedmum »

Awww, so glad to hear your DC must have had a good day!!! Thanks for the good luck, DS starts tomorrow, we all can't wait!!

GOOD LUCK to all other DC's out there starting soon too, I hope they all have a great first few days of settling in!! :D
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

This morning at RMGS we both felt nervous and excited all in one. Lots of mums hovering but not wanting to interfere! Just wondering how he's getting on now...
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

My dd was slightly apprehensive but happy to see her friends this morning. I keep wondering how she is doing coming from a small primary to a large school - and looking back to when dd1 started FP in 2006 - the first 6 months were not easy - she was fine but checking bags , homework, letters etc - i think i just expected her to go to secondary school and manage it all herself :lol: Needless to say it didnt happen like that. She was very independant getting to and from school but i did need to check she was taking the correct books to and from school and doing all her homework etc. .... But having been through that the next 6 months wont be so much of a shock to me - ! hope :lol:
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Tesbuster I also wonder how they are getting on at RMGS. Lunchtime now, hope he remembers where he left his blazer and bag by end of lunch !!!!!!
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

:oops: That's the thing that's worrying me most! No chance with my DS. Still, one day he might surprise me.
paulap

Post by paulap »

Thanks and I echo the good luck wishes.

Dropped DD off at RGS and DS at SJWMS this morning. Really wanted to hang around and see them go in properly but thought it might show them up too much. Can't wait to hear how they've got on. All day I've been thinking "well, it's breaktime now", "they should be starting lessons now", "hope they remember to write things down", "hope they leave everything they possibly can in their locker instead of bringing it home".
testbuster

Post by testbuster »

DS really exhillerated with all the new subjects and friends - it was "we did this" and "we did that" and "someone had never made a sandwich"!! :D
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Ahhh, first day at RMGS survived well :lol: !!! Our DS was also full of it on the way home, I don't think he stopped for breath :lol: . He looked like a rabbit in headlights when he went in this morning and tonight, after school he was so happy, ahhh what a relief!!! :D
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

My dd had a good day too, made some friends, liked her teachers and remembered to get off at the correct bus stop! :lol: