Anybody out there for 2011 entry?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pilchard

Anybody out there for 2011 entry?

Post by pilchard »

Hi

I was wondering if there are any parents out there getting ready for the 11+ in Devon in a few months time? The Devon board is never busy, but has been very quiet of late with no-one seemingly sitting the 11+ this year. My DS will be sitting the 11+ for Colyton in November. Any lurkers fancy saying 'hello'?

Pilchard
Dartmoormum

Re: Anybody out there for 2011 entry?

Post by Dartmoormum »

Hi there,

My son will be entering for 2011 very quiet isn't it. I don't think we will be the only ones there on the day though :D
pilchard

Post by pilchard »

Hi Dartmoormum. Thanks for the reply. Nice to know that there is someone else out from Devon whose DC will be taking the 11+ this November. As you say though, I don't think our DSs will be the only ones there. Probably just another 400 or so children there on the day. :wink:

Best of luck to your DS.

Pilchard
Dartmoormum

Post by Dartmoormum »

Yes, I know of seven from our primary school alone.
Dartmoormum

Post by Dartmoormum »

I would also say though that most people are very casual about it. I don't know anyone who is prepping very much at all, including us. I do read this forum from time it just makes us want to give up rather than do loads of work TBH. Good luck, you seem very didicated and as such I expect your son is sure to get in :D

Everyone that I know intends to give the example day a go and decide if we will do the real thing based from how our child felt on the day. Last year I knew three people who did this and then did not bother with the real thing.
Minnie

Post by Minnie »

Hi

My DD is taking the 11+ for 2011. Good to hear from others going through it.

Minnie
tiredmumof2

Post by tiredmumof2 »

Hello all.

My DD wants to sit the test and probably around 10 from her school will also sit. Not sure quite how bright you need to be to get in, but given that it's the "millennium" babies that will be taking it, I suspect there will be a rather large cohort of candidates this year!
Dartmoormum

Post by Dartmoormum »

Not exactly busy here is it. So how are you all doing ? :D
Dartmoormum

Post by Dartmoormum »

Tumbleweed slowly drifts past ................. :P
pilchard

Post by pilchard »

Hi Dartmoormum

I'm still here. We seem to be just getting back into school and haven't done any 11+ preparation for weeks. I think we'll leave it until half term, do a paper each of Maths and VR and depending on the results of these, call it a day on preparation. I'm actually getting more chilled as the days go past with a real que sera sera attitude. I think I've already done my worrying. Things are hotting up with other parents though who seem to be getting more frantic with prep as the weeks go by. I just gently sidle away at this point. :wink: One of DS's friends was woken up early on the morning of the real thing to be presented with a VR paper to get him warmed up..... I think we'll go for a mug of hot chocolate and some toast instead. How is your preparation going?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now