How to count score..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pdharmendra

How to count score..

Post by pdharmendra »

How to convert score which can take account for real admission process??

What should be minimum to secure the admission in Grammar school in TONBRIDGE?
SSM

Re: How to count score..

Post by SSM »

Can you clarify your question?

I presume you are talking about Tonbridge Girls Grammar.
Do you mean what scores should they be getting in practice papers or the final exam?

Maybe the Mods can move this to the Kent section.
pdharmendra

Post by pdharmendra »

Thanks SSM...

I want to know at what score did last year secure the admission in Tonbridge Grammar school?

And what score require to secure the any Grammar School ( standardize score) like Weald of Kent, Tunbridge well girls grammar school?

Many thanks
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

You can't guarantee admission to any of the girls' grammars unless you live within a mile.

TWGGS and Weald take on distance only so as long as you pass and you live near you will get in.

Estate agents are now recommending that you live within a mile of TWGGS to be sure but in past years the nearest catchment has been 1.6 miles and it's generally around the two mile mark.

Weald have a different catchment in that it isn't a circle but extends further towards Hildenborough, Sevenoaks etc but not anywhere near Tunbridge Wells. Tonbridge (ToGS) is different in that it allocates by score rather than distance and I think the current Y7 it was around the 405 mark for in catchment and 409 for out of catchment but someone else will no doubt put me right. You really have to aim for about 400 out of 420 for ToGS.
pdharmendra

Post by pdharmendra »

Thanks a lots Travelsmum....

That means total of 140x 3= 420 and have to get above 400 for TOGGS. but there is distance dependent criteria for Weald of Kent, Am I right? If yes what score require for Weald of kent to get admission because I live within 1 mile distance from that school.

Thanks in advance.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

To get to Weald you just have to pass. If you live within a mile on the Sevenoaks side then you will be fine. If you are between Tonbridge and TW then you need to check with admissions at Weald or look in the admissions booklet you will be receiving very shortly with dtails of all the schools. (It's also online at the KCC website).

HTH
pdharmendra

Post by pdharmendra »

Thanks a losts..

I live near the Shell Petrolpump(South Tonbridge) towards Weat Kent Collage. My Daughter does well in Maths and NVR but NOT in VR because of lack of interest in English vacabulary. Any many thanks for you guidence.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now