Tiffin,Nonsuch final cutoff ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stressedparent

Tiffin,Nonsuch final cutoff ?

Post by stressedparent »

Hi ;
I wonder what were the final cutoff scores post the waiting list allocation for Tiffin girls and Nonsuch schools this year?

Many thanks
stressedparent
stressedparent

Re: Tiffin,Nonsuch final cutoff ?

Post by stressedparent »

Hi all,

113 reviews no answer, it must be classified information!!!!!
stressedparent
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Hi,

I don't think people are being secretive, I just think they don't know! You are basically relying on someone reading your post who knows someone who got in on the waiting list of either school or who has rung the school and been given an answer (it may well be worth giving that a go by the way!)

Someone did post on here about their DD getting into Tiffins (was it Sherwood?) from the waiting list before the summer hols but that was a high score (235/236??) and I can't see that it would have dropped much below that. Don't recall reading any Nonsuch posts recently and they haven't updated their website (which still lists offer day cut offs).

Would be interesting to find out though wouldn't it :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

agreed - we aren;'t ignoring you! I had a quick look back and unlike in some previous years there hasn't been a specific waiting list thread this year.

We have had them in the past with people updating news / scores / number of children on each point etc etc.

Maybe the school can tell you?
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

The Kingston "Which Secondary" 2011 booklet states that the final offer for Tiffin Girls by end July was 235. Funnily enough the equivalent offer for Tiffin Boys was 225. I know that the boys "pass mark" is always lower than the girls but 10 marks seems a huge difference this year. Tiffin Boys takes 140 compared to the Girls 120, but is this 20 places really enough to make such a difference? Seems very odd to me :?
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

2outof3 wrote:The Kingston "Which Secondary" 2011 booklet states that the final offer for Tiffin Girls by end July was 235. Funnily enough the equivalent offer for Tiffin Boys was 225. I know that the boys "pass mark" is always lower than the girls but 10 marks seems a huge difference this year. Tiffin Boys takes 140 compared to the Girls 120, but is this 20 places really enough to make such a difference? Seems very odd to me :?
Haven't checked on here for a while, but my daughter was offered a place from the waiting list at 236. The initial cut off was 237 and the waiting list hardly seemed to move, so I'm not surprised it didn't go lower than 235 in the end. It was a very high cut off this year, so unfair on those who would have secured a place in previous years.
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

2outof3 wrote:The Kingston "Which Secondary" 2011 booklet states that the final offer for Tiffin Girls by end July was 235. Funnily enough the equivalent offer for Tiffin Boys was 225. I know that the boys "pass mark" is always lower than the girls but 10 marks seems a huge difference this year. Tiffin Boys takes 140 compared to the Girls 120, but is this 20 places really enough to make such a difference? Seems very odd to me :?
2outof3 you are assuming that boy 120 and girl 120 conveniently achieved the same mark (235), which probably isn't the case. It seems more likely that the girls performed better as a whole so boy 120's mark was lower than the girl's of equivalent ranking, consequently the final 20 places wouldn't necessarily be spread over as much as 10 marks.
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

I completely agree Cinammon. I wasn't assuming that boy number 120 and girl number 120 would have the same mark - the reference to the extra number of places at Tiffin Boys can only explain the lower pass mark for the boys to a very limited degree. There is always a difference in the pass marks for both schools but 10 marks seems a huge amount and more so than usual (though I could well be wrong there). It's just interesting as to why the girls seem to outperform the boys - you could maybe explain it on the VR test (girls more literate etc (not my view by the way!) but less obvious on the NVR, which again, stereotypically, should suit the boys.

Not that it matters very much, boys will only ever be judged against boys to get into the school, which suits me fine when it comes to DC3's turn in a couple of years.......... :D
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

From reading last years posts, I have come to the actual cutoff marks post waiting lists. The cutoff for for tiffin was 235 and cutoff for ooc for nonsuch was 233. Any endorsements appreciated .

Stressedparent
stressedparent
sensibility

Post by sensibility »

My DD also scored 235 on the Nonsuch exam. She worked hard so I must be optimistic since we are OOC