Suggestions needed please............

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum's question

Suggestions needed please............

Post by mum's question »

I am new to this wonderful site. I need your valuable suggestions/advice…………
We are staying at Taplow under two Grammar school’s catchment area. My daughter now in year 5 would be appearing for 11+ exam this year. My husband’s work place recently moved to Berkshire and eventually we’ld move there by the end of this year. My query is staying in Taplow, Bucks can we put Kendrick Girls, Reading as our first option (presently 15 miles away)? By doing so do I lower the chances of getting places in my catchment area grammar schools in case she doesn’t get a chance in Kendrick? I would definitely prefer Kendrick as that would make our life easy once we move. We don’t want to move now because in case she doesn’t succeed in Kendrick’s exam, we don’t want to lose the Bucks chances. If Bucks schools are put as 2nd/3rd preferences, what are her chances in getting places at the Bucks schools if she qualifies the Bucks exam ?
hugh

Post by hugh »

I don't know Berks/Kendrick rules, so suggest you also post in the Berks bit of the forum.

In general though I think your best bet is to live in catchment (when you apply) for whichever school you most want your child to go to.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now