TheTest - what will be in it

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mr Benn

TheTest - what will be in it

Post by Mr Benn »

Id like to have a thread where we try and put togethor as close as possible , what the test will be made up of , using as many facts as possible.
I can amend this opening post to add any facts, and thoughts, so we can try and make up a test scenario (which im going to us on a practice run for my budding star !)
We know the following :

Fact :
2 x 45 minute tests.

test 1 - 20 mins VR
10 mins Maths
15 mins Comprehension

break - at least 30 minutes

test 2 - 15 mins Maths
10 mins Data Processing
10 mins NVR
10 mins Cloze

NVR = 10 mins , 37 questions ?
Numeracy = 35 mins , 83 questions ?
VR = 45 mins , 125 questions ?

The number of questions are based on some figuers another poster gave.
Working on those , Id guess the following :

test 1 - 20 mins VR - 70 questions ?
10 mins Maths - 25 questions ?
15 mins Comprehension - 30 questions ?

test 2 - 15 mins Maths - 35 questions ?
10 mins Data Processing - 25 questions ?
10 mins NVR - 25 questions ?
10 mins Cloze - 25 questions ?

Please give any thoughts those figures. Maybe thats as good as guess as it gets ? ( I doubt it :oops: )

What will the actual tests be about ? eg one poster said they were 99% sure the VR would have no patterns of letter in them (or something). Any thoughts or facts please.

I might be wrong , but just thought it would be really useful to build up a picture of the exam - even this close to the day .
Last edited by Mr Benn on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimist

Re: TheTest - what will be in it

Post by Optimist »

I cut and pasted this from an email sent during Purdah. Hope it helps:

paper 1 5 sections
1. leftover words 5 mins
cars bus use fuel (she made up this one , but the idea was you have to pick one word that can be left out from the sentence, and she said the real one was very long sentences).
2. altered words 3 mins
tree unfettered _______ (she did not make up this one, it was from the test. You have to change one letter from tree to form a new word have the similar meaning to unfettered).
3. altered words 5 mins
danger loiter ___________ (again this was from the real test, but 2 letters from danger).
4. maths 14mins, questions about ferry timetable, deals from different budgets form a hotel and so on.....
5. non-verbal , nothing like what's available commercially. She drew some pictures for me but i don's know how to describe them here.

paper 2
english comprehension, more maths questions but much harder. Roundabout with cars going in and out, and then lots of them join together, very confused.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Those are very tricky. :shock:
No 3 Even knowing the word meaning and suitable synonyms it still took me ages to work out the answer. :oops:
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Glad Im not taking the test then !

Im just trying to get my toddler to do some test scenarios, so we can get her into knowing how quick she has to work.
The more I read the more I realise the content is totally hit and miss ?
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Set up a mock exam for my bairn on Sunday . She did quite well. i didnt have any multiple test questions though, which would make it more realistic. Can anybody suggest any free ones, or what are the Bond multiple choice papers like (I noticed they do a mixed pack of all the subjects).
floozey

Post by floozey »

Is it true that NVR, Maths and English will count 1/3 each of marks???
fm

Post by fm »

Yes, definitely, although the time spent on each during the exam is not equal, non-verbal occupying a very small amount of time over all.