Its not long now......aargh!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Its not long now......aargh!!!

Post by scarlett »

Well , nearly there ,I'm feeling a bit worried about my son, although I think I have also got to the stage when I just want it over and done with and feel what will be will be.My son had been scoring around 85 % in tests at home ( timed ) but at school they have been doing practice tests, which his teacher informs me are the hardest ones they could find and he is now getting between 72 and 77 % ( the other children in his class only scored 60 - 67 %). Will he pass with these marks ? I have given him the bond books " more fourth "papers and he is now definitately getting around 75 % .Maybe he is fed up too !! Could he pass with these marks ? He is a december birthday....sorry haven't really grasped the score process....good job I'm not doing the 11+!!!!!!
committed

Re: Its not long now......aargh!!!

Post by committed »

Hi Scarlett,

On a very rough basis you need between 50-60% to pass and between 75-85% to get the maximum 140 score per paper. Differences do exist, but what you have to remember is that it is the relative score that matters. So at an extreme even if your son was only getting 50%, but everyone else was getting less then he'd be the top of the tree!! :D The upshot is, the harder the paper, the less you need to pass, so your son's scores in isolation are not directly relevant, it's how he is doing relative to everyone else - which would appear to be great... :D

I am personally looking forward to this time next week when it is all over....can't wait in fact.

Best of luck.

C.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Yes it will be all over for the in county people this time next week, for out of county we are doing the test all day sat 18th and then also have the Bexley tests the following week. I think I have done all I can now to help my dd, after the exams, the next worry is waiting for the results.
committed

Post by committed »

Sorry blessedmum, I wasn't trying to be insensitive. :oops:

I'll be glad for all the kids (and their parents) when it's over for all of them - and every other blessed exam they have to do!! :D

And then, as you say, it's just the waiting.... which I seriously hope is less stressful - but I'm not sure it will be...
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Hi Committed,

am sorry if my mail sounded off, I was not upset rather anxious. I am glad for people that will have it all done with early next week and as you say for all the other exams too.

As you mentioned, i think the wait for the results will be mind blowing, I am so dreading it as there's nothing that can be done after the exams.

I have got to the point where I just believe that whatever will be will be, given dd all the help and support. The 11+ is not the end of her life (though its important) and we just have to deal with whatever happens which I am hoping will be positive.

Good luck everyone.
rosered100

Post by rosered100 »

Can I just remind everyone not to discuss anything about the papers after DCs have sat them as the OOC will be sitting the exact same paper on the Saturday.

God luck everybody!!
dani*

Post by dani* »

I hope it will not be exactly the same paper. It is difficult if not impossible to stop people discussing the test once it is all over for them.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Unfortunately they are the same papers. In previous years forum members have been careful, and any inadvertent posts have been quickly moderated. However, it is difficult to accept that there are no unscrupulous tutors or parents out there, with copies/details of the papers in front of them, cramming a child.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thanks Rosered for reminding us about that.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

I'm starting to feel pretty nervy now. Dd did practise tests at school yesterday and has two more today. She said that she'd done one of the papers before, so I suppose the scores will be pretty irrelevant.

Next Saturday we also have the Dover Girls Grammar test in the morning, so we have to wait a bit longer before we can heave a sigh of relief!

It will be great when ALL of this is behind us. I'm so impatient and waiting for the results drives me mad!

We're trying to keep dd calm and play it all down a bit, but I know she will be nervous on the days of the tests.

Good luck everyone!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now