How long before we know the results does the school know?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
eyhorne

How long before we know the results does the school know?

Post by eyhorne »

How long before we know the results of the 11+ does the school know? Just wondered if anyone knew? We live in Kent.
Many thanks,
Fluffy66

Re: How long before we know the results does the school know

Post by Fluffy66 »

Last year it was 2 weeks before to allow time for the head teachers assessments to happen.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

The school know way before parents get to know as they have to go through Head Teacher Appeals if necessary first. Parents just get notified of the type of school their DC has been assessed as suitable for. GS or high school (I think). Actual scores are usually given by the school on the day results are announced.

Good luck, am soooo glad I am through the other side of 11+ testing!!! :D
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

When my DD1 did it (the first year it was in September, two years ago) the school received the results on 1 October and parents were told I think on 20 or 21 October so the schools get about three week to do headteacher appeals. That's when you, as a parent, need to start twitching if school books suddenly disappear ...
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

But please don't over twitch if books disappear. My dc's disappeared and i found this very difficult - as knew that could mean ht appeal. It wasn't ( marks strongly confirmed this) and I still have no idea why all books were taken in. As far as I am aware it was only the books of two children in this class that were removed.
committed

Post by committed »

Our school have just informed us that all 11+ students will have to provide samples of their work and hand them in to the school before the 30th September. That way we won't even know if there is an appeal - let alone if it is for our DC...
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

I apologise in advance for this question but it is about headteacher reviews...does anyone have any info on how this review works? I was asked this morning and have to admit that I don't know! So whilst I hang my head in shame can anyone let me know more about the review procedure? The question I was asked was if a ht review is successful will the score just show as 360 and do ht's basically just select the few they think should have passed and present a case for each dc with their work? Thanks in advance :)
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

twellsmum wrote:When my DD1 did it (the first year it was in September, two years ago) the school received the results on 1 October and parents were told I think on 20 or 21 October ...
Parents told in October ?? i was led to believe we wont be told until the results are announced what schools we have been offered , in March ?

(we are in Worcs / Warks).
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

tigger2 wrote:do ht's basically just select the few they think should have passed and present a case for each dc with their work?
I think thats what generally happens when a child misses by a few marks. Its really not about bringing the score to 360, but passing all the three test. A child can score 140, 140 and 115 and thats a fail because of the one subject they were down on. A HT can appeal if they think that child should have passed. People normally freaky out when they start hearing about kids' books disappearing from class and that should start happening in the next week or so. They were quite a few false alarms last year so I will try and stay as cool as cucumber if DD tells me books have gone awol. :shock:

Mr Benn its a bit diff here in Kent, I think we do our 11+ before most counties. Our kids have already done their test and we are now waiting results which are out on the 18th and by the time we submit applications for secondary admission we will know if our DC are suitable for a grammar place. Its a bit wierd that things are so different up and down the country on how LA administer these tests.
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

tigger2 wrote:I apologise in advance for this question but it is about headteacher reviews...does anyone have any info on how this review works? I was asked this morning and have to admit that I don't know! So whilst I hang my head in shame can anyone let me know more about the review procedure? The question I was asked was if a ht review is successful will the score just show as 360 and do ht's basically just select the few they think should have passed and present a case for each dc with their work? Thanks in advance :)

hi tigger
we know so little about the 11 plus and reviews as the school dont seem to share this with us.

I can tell you what i know.

last year there were 3 children in my dd's class who went to ht review. All 3 had scored 360 or over but had not scorred the mark needed on one paper. that is to say they had failed one paper. Last year each paper needed to be passed with a 360 or over total - i think.

Work was summitted from these 3 dc's and when everyone got their results from kent you are only told if your dc is suitable for grammar or high school. Later you can ask the school or kent for the actual scores.

Out of these 3 dc's 2 got a grammar assessment awarded.

I think that the appeal people look at the work presented and read over the written work done at the test and then decide.

Hope this helps a bit. It is just how it worked at my dd;s school last year, other schools and years will differ slightly,
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now