Help!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bexleydad

Help!

Post by bexleydad »

Just after a bit of support really. My daughter started Townley this week and to say we are having problems is an under statement. She does not want to go at all, massive scenes in the morning, has not made any friends, and she is really extremely unhappy. I know its very early days and I have tried to tell her this, but to no avail.
Are we alone, or are similar scenes being acted out across the area. I almost feel I have let her down by not preparing her correctly for what is turning into a very traumatic experience for her, and, to be honest, me.
Any ideas, support, thoughts would be gratefully received.
Regards
hermanmunster

Re: Help!

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi
Very difficult for you ... hope it sorts, only thought I have is whether there is anyone else from her old school going there too? Can you contact their parents and see if things are similar - whether they can provide any support - better still if there are some friends siblings around?

Also worth having a chat with staff at school. is there a specific problem or a general dislike of the whole thing?
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Hi Bexleydad

So sorry to hear about this, it must be very traumatic for you.

I don't know about Townley, but I work at another secondary school. I think it would be a good idea for you to ring and ask speak to your DD's form tutor who will be able to help.

Good Luck, hope things improve very soon.
greenwichmum

Post by greenwichmum »

Hi there I have sent you a Pm.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Hi Bexleydad,

as most people have suggested, I think you should speak to the school, however if she needs someone to help in the school, i have two nieces, one in yr8 and one just started in yr7 (she's really enjoying it) and I could pm you for them to give her some moral support.
bexleydad

Post by bexleydad »

greenwichmum wrote:Hi there I have sent you a Pm.
Thanks, and I have replied
bexleydad

Post by bexleydad »

blessedmum wrote:Hi Bexleydad,

as most people have suggested, I think you should speak to the school, however if she needs someone to help in the school, i have two nieces, one in yr8 and one just started in yr7 (she's really enjoying it) and I could pm you for them to give her some moral support.
Thank you for your reply and I have sent you a PM.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi BD

Have Pmd you
bexleydad

Post by bexleydad »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:Hi BD

Have Pmd you
Many thanks for yours and all the others messages of support.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now