Maladministration

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
friend of friend

Maladministration

Post by friend of friend »

Any help greatly received- friend of daughter was not offered a place at first choice school as Council had not told school that this was her preference and therefore school offered other children with lower scores a place. Now in siutation where she had a great score but is on waiting list. My feeling is that council should be bending over backwards to offer a place as it was their mistake but nobody seems to want to take responsibility - I am presuming that she has a great case for appeal but should she be having to do this?

Re: Maladministration

Post by Guest »

friend of friend wrote:Any help greatly received- friend of daughter was not offered a place at first choice school as Council had not told school that this was her preference and therefore school offered other children with lower scores a place. Now in siutation where she had a great score but is on waiting list. My feeling is that council should be bending over backwards to offer a place as it was their mistake but nobody seems to want to take responsibility - I am presuming that she has a great case for appeal but should she be having to do this?
I guess she is top of the waiting list then? So there is a good chance she will get in if there is ANY movement. However I think your friend has to play by the rules and appeal formally.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi friend of friend

Unfortunately an appeal may be the only way to resolve this. You could also approach your local County Councillor for support, as that might get something moving within the Council?

Sally-Anne