Bus Routes from Balsall Commons

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Optimist

Bus Routes from Balsall Commons

Post by Optimist »

Hi

We are looking at moving to Balsall Common. Does anyone know of special buses services from Balsall Common to:

1) KEGS and Alcester Grammar in Stratford Upon Avon.
2) Bgham Camp Hill Boys, Aston, Fiveways and BV
Warks mum

Re: Bus Routes from Balsall Commons

Post by Warks mum »

DD has some girls in her year who go to Stratford Grammar from Balsall Common. Their parents share lifts into Kenilworth to catch the bus into school and back in the evening. It's a long day because the bus leaves from Kenilworth Clock at 7.40ish, but the girls seem to be thriving anyway.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Balsall Common - blimey Optimist you must be posh / loaded :lol:
solimum

Re: Bus Routes from Balsall Common

Post by solimum »

You can find out about the dedicated Green bus services to the Birmingham grammars here

http://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/#/busservices/

but without having looked at them all in detail I think it would be unlikely - certainly to Camp Hill the furthest extremities of the service are Dorridge or Hampton-in-Arden, both very early starts. Other options would be the train into New St from Berkswell Station then the no. 50 bus but I have no idea about timings.

Alternatively Heart of England school in Balsall Common is itself well regarded - and I presume others might go into Coventry schools from there (or indeed into Kenilworth) rather than all the way across to the other side of Birmingham...
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Thanks all.

Solimum, we are choosing Balsall Commin as Heart of England would be a good back up school, if KEGS Strat-On-Avon did not work out. I have heard from colleagues that Heart of England is a very good school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now