STR is offering 11+ prep.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tolstoy

STR is offering 11+ prep.

Post by Tolstoy »

Just been onto the STR web site to check out on tomorrows speech night protocol (any other newbies haven't heard anything?) and look what I found!

http://www.strschool.co.uk/enhanced%20learning.htm

Apologies if this counts as advertising but what a departure from the Gloucestershire schools policy on Grammar prep.

I assume because they become an academy in October they are allowed to do it. One of their reasons for becoming an academy is to protect their Grammar status.

Does this mean that primaries that become academies can start prep-ping their pupils. If so I will be hoping our primary does and I know the head would like to go that way. It could be a carrot for many pro Grammar primary heads.
mum23*

Re: STR is offering 11+ prep.

Post by mum23* »

Tolstoy, do you think that would be for this year's test or next?? I saw that on the website too. Suppose it would be a case of ringing the school.
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

It is for this years test. A five day programme (over 5 weeks) covering the basics of the question types and some practice. Not sure how many people knew about it as the school sent out flyers via primary schools. Perhaps they will run again next year.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Thanks for the info. I might try that next year. It could be a good way to get to know the school and other boys that might attend. Guess it couldn't do any harm as long as it isn't hugely expensive. Bit late for this year eeek!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I am now even more intrigued. As a CC school Tommy's suffers from more restrictions that many primary schools. Does this mean that primaries can run after school prep lessons? Anyone know what the rules on this are?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now