What happened to the 18 who didn't get the local comp?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

slackmum

What happened to the 18 who didn't get the local comp?

Post by slackmum »

I remember that after National Allocation Day there was talk of a whole class of Stroud based pupils that did not get there local comprehensive (TK I think) does anyone know what happened to them?
Thirdtimer

Re: What happened to the 18 who didn't get the local comp?

Post by Thirdtimer »

Hello Slackmum,

We are one of the 18 (must be a Royal 'We' - should say DS is one of the 18!)

He took the test for Marling, but partly due to mild reading problems, didn't get in. We were quite happy with this as, although bright, didn't think it would be the right school and were looking forward to getting a place at TK as we are in the catchment.

Then, as you say, we didn't get a place.

TK were quite surprised by this apparently and petitioned GCC to allow all those in the catchment to have a place. They were successful and all catchment children that wanted one have, I believe, now got a place there.

DS is already very happily settled, despite initially being rather upset about missing out on Marling. :)
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

So pleased to see it all ended happily, it is our catchment school (about 1/4 mile away) and all DSs class mates have gone there and are enjoying it.
Thirdtimer

Post by Thirdtimer »

Yes, from what DS says, they seem like a very nice bunch of children.
Think he has just about got over his disappointment of not getting into Marling along with all of his friends from primary school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now