What have your kids already lost since starting secondary?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Midget Man

What have your kids already lost since starting secondary?

Post by Midget Man »

Right, where do I start? :lol: So far Midget lost his full pencil case last week so had to go and replace everything, for him to come home with it yesterday. Someone had handed it to his form tutor as I had labelled everything, just a shame it was not last week :lol:

He has now also lost both the key and lock to his locker?? He forgot his games kit yeserday so I had to drive 10miles to take it there and then also back there again today with his swim kit :x

Have told him I will not be doing this again and only did it because it was the first few week's and did not want to add more stress onto him.

Oh and he almost left his blazer when I picked him up from rugby yesterday, lcukily for him I checked his bag before getitng in the car and sent him running back to get it :x
ausvic

Re: What have your kids already lost since starting secondar

Post by ausvic »

Haven't lost anything - yet!! BUT hole in pair of trousers and buttons off blazer. Not bad for two weeks of school. Sure it won't be long until something lost - think it will be PE kit as he 'left it in the quad'!!!!! Needed it first lesson but will it be there - BOYS :lol:
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

Not too much in financial terms as yet: just a (decent not biro) pen & an umbrella - but umbrella may yet surface in bedroom (was never taken to secondary as couldn't be found!) & keyring that dd was v fond of came off keys &can't be found to reattatch.
mean mum made dd purchase a replacement pen, but have since bought her a spare.

minor tho they are these have added to dd's sense of stress - which doesn't seem to be getting better as yet :( a severe cold this week hasn't helped.

We have a settling in meeting with dd's form tutor next week so will see if things seem better by then.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Nothing's been lost permanently yet but he has come home without his keys and twice forgot his lunchbox. On his first day of rugby he managed to bring home another boy's shirt as well as his own. Oh, and he managed to hand in a piece of homework and then bring it home again before it had been marked. :roll:
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Didn't lose the PE kit but has managed to break his school bag!!!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Came home with the wrong rugby shirt but luckily he had "swapped" with another lad whom we happen to know, so that one was easy. However, he has ripped his rugby shorts and broken his bag!!
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Is there a recurring theme here?? We are mostly referring to our DS's :D
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I was thinking exactly the same thing :lol: Why are they so much worse than the girls?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Because life seems to be led at rather a hurried pace!! with everything just being scooped up and pushed into a bag.
cinnamon

Post by cinnamon »

It's not just boys, believe me.

My daughter, in her first term at secondary last year, managed to leave all her sweatshirts at school in the first half term, travelling to and from school in short-sleeved blouse. Only when the weather got below 10C did she bother to check out lost property and retrieve them.

Then there was the day she left her ingredients for the school Masterchef competition on the bus resulting in me a) ringing round west London bus garages to track them down b) arranging a handover of said ingredients with a bus driver at pre-arranged stop (very John le Carre) and c) getting them to her just five minutes before they were needed. At least she repaid me by coming second.

She's also left her clarinet on the bus, which involved a trip to a far-flung bus garage for me to retrieve it, and I've pretty much given up hope of ever seeing her watch again - it's (allegedly) been in the school 'valuables' cupboard for at least 2 terms.

Interestingly, she's has no problem keeping track of her mobile!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now