Kendrick scores - how did you DD's do?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mummytroubles

Kendrick scores - how did you DD's do?

Post by mummytroubles »

I wondered whether any previous Kendrick exam parents would be so kind as to indicate the kind of scores their DD's were achieving in practice tests in the run up to the test. My DD is struggling to get above 80% in NVR and while her VR is in the 90's, I'm assuming that both scores have to be well above 90% for her to have a chance of qualifying? She's not really getting any better - it's the last few really tricksy examples that she always falls down on in the various tests papers that I've tried with her. It's stressing her out and I'm thinking that maybe we should give Kendrick a miss. It's a fairly recent decision to go for Kendrick and I'm tutoring her myself so I'm thinking maybe we've left it too late. As you'll know, there's only so much NVR you can get a DC to do before their brain drains of all energy so it's not like we can cram between now and the test! Not without killing each other first anyway!

I know facts and figures on Kendrick are a scarce resource on the forum but I'd really appreciate a steer. Thank -you.

MT
stevew61

Re: Kendrick scores - how did you DD's do?

Post by stevew61 »

Somewhere on the forum are some scores for Kendrick, I will have a search.

Is it a particular type of NVR question that is causing the score to drop? Have you looked at AE's How to do NVR books 1&2?

With eight weeks to go time for improvement, give it a go. :)
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ck#p105082
Shack wrote:Hi,

Found out today that DD has been offered a place at Kendrick. Really pleased that we have made it and haven't had to wait too long. DD is on a school trip this week so she won't know till she ges back on Friday.

For anyone else out there on the waiting list, we were originally 18th in joint 111th position, looks like the list is moving quite fast.

Thank you to everyone on this forum, you really do provide a valuable resource for parents who have limited knowledge of the 11+ process, what to expect etc...It's 3 years till I have to go through the 11+ experiance again this time for DS and RBS.

My DD also used the standard NFER papers, we were advised against using BOND. Doing word puzzles like crosswords is a good way to improve word matching skills. For anyone wanting to know the actual scores required, My DD's raw scores on the papers were 87/100 VR and 65/75 NVR - so roughly 87%,g ood enough to get her on the waiting list, she is end of March born.

Thank you again, now going to start panicking about whether DD will be able to cope!!!!
DK00

Re: Admission to Grammars in Reading for 2011 entry

Post by DK00 »

Chad, do you know what the cut off mark is/was for Kendricks, or can anyone else please advise.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi DKOO,

Welcome to the forum, if you read the above from Shack then the scare stories of 90% plus for Kendrick look like scare stories. :)

steve
chad

Post by chad »

I'll try and do a search.... but not sure that I have seen this info anywhere.... back soon..
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now