Non such exam experience 18/9/10

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
abr

Non such exam experience 18/9/10

Post by abr »

General - The waiting hall as well as the exam halls were very cold according to my dd. The school could not have done anything else since they had to leave the door open for the hordes of arriving parents/children.

dd's opinion of the test
VR followed the prescribed provider format
NVR was supposedly very hard (details edited to adhere to house rules)
Last edited by abr on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Riotan

Re: Non such exam experience 18/9/10

Post by Riotan »

My DD found the NVR very hard especially one section and could attempt only 50%
Did any body else have a similar experience?
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

Hi to all,

My DD has managed to finish the VR paper with time for checking, and she said there were no surprises. She has managed to finish the NVR section in time. Do not discuss the papers, as some of the candidates did not sit the exam yet due to sickness, so try not to give any advantage to late sitters. Good luck to all

stressedparent
stressedparent
Diamondsr4ever

Post by Diamondsr4ever »

My DD left two questions on the VR . Finished the NVR and said she didn't find it hard. Time will tell! I thought the process today went very smoothly and was well organised. We experienced no difficulties in parking ( We did park a bit away and walked in). Let's hope Wallington next week is the same ! Anyone else sitting the Wallington exam as well?
just4fun

Post by just4fun »

My daughter found nvb harder than vb. Eventhough she couldnt finish vb, left 8 out. But nvb she found much harder. Lets see!!
geling

Post by geling »

Hi all: agree with what you said. My DD said VR is very easy and NVR is very very very hard! 2 girls cried because didn't finish the paper. Can't wait to know the result.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi All, DD also said nvr very hard and she felt under pressure with the time so guessed quite a few.Spoke to a friend who has been through this test twice in the past and was comforted to hear that both her dds left some questions out but they are both now at nonsuch,so you really cannot tell what the outcome will be.good luck to all of us and look forward to supporting each other over the next few weeks.
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

Hi
You can never tell what actually happened on the day, and do not feel disheartened if your DD's did not finish the papers, I know a lot of friend’s children including my own that made it to top selective grammars without completing the papers. All the best to all of you and good luck.

Stressedparent
stressedparent
FedUpDad

Post by FedUpDad »

My DD found the VR ok with some hard questions...................What "ok" means I haven't quite figured out yet. NVR she said was very hard.
abr

Post by abr »

Thanks for all your responses. Good luck to all of you for this Saturday if your DDs are taking Wally's.