moving to St Marys Island

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nina1on

moving to St Marys Island

Post by nina1on »

Hi to all! We were looking at some property on this island and realy liked it! Our problem is the schooling as we have both primary and Year 5 kids (need secondary choice as well). Which secondary, grammar schools (for my DS)could we look at in this area? When is the Medwasy test? Thanks a lot
tiredmum

Re: moving to St Marys Island

Post by tiredmum »

Hi
Im not sure about the primary schools - i know there is one on the island - maybe check out its ofsted.

There are two good boys grammar's that have a bus direct to them from the island. Chatham Boys Grammar and Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School.

Hope this helps :)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

and the test is next Saturday the 25th.

If you are moving into the area you can register for late entry test as late as spring/summer next year for Sept 2011 intake. It will be hard to get in the Maths schools as it is much more popular as a late entry but a bit easier for Chatham boys. Am I right TiredMum?
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

The maths school is more popular and is over subscribed every year - but they take many on appeal. Their criteria is distance and i think st marys island isn't too far. With year 5 children you are looking to test this time next year.

Chatham boys is rarely over-subscribed - the schools are very different according to what i have heard from mums - i have girls you see! The maths school is said to be more formal, chatham boys more caring. This is only what i have heard. But i do know happy boys and famlies from each school, so a look round to get a feel for the schools is the best idea if you decide to move here :)
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Oh damn. Nina said Year 5 but for some reason I am still thinking my DD is in Year 5 and doing the test this year. I keeping making the same mistake and she keeps correcting me she is now in Year 6. :oops:

Just out of curiosity what are the options like for Boys if they dont get in the grammar schools?
Last edited by sherry_d on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
time for bed i think - :lol:
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Thank you very much!!! Will look at both schools
Tricia5

Post by Tricia5 »

Hello there

I live on st Marys Island and I just wanted you to know it IS a lovely place to live, and there are direct bus services from the Island to the secondary/grammar schools in Rochester and Chatham - hurrah no more changing at the Pentagon!

Enjoy!

Tricia.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now