Royal Russell, Croydon

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Alexwilson

Royal Russell, Croydon

Post by Alexwilson »

Is there anybody that is able to give me any feedbak on this school. I have received a prospectus but would like for some honest feedback from parents familiar with the school.
I have two boys and am looking for one to join in yr 7 and the other yr 9.

Thanks
doodles

Re: Royal Russell, Croydon

Post by doodles »

Welcome to the merry band!

I am afraid that I don't know anything about this school but I am sure that somebody will be along soon. In the meantime you can enter the school name in the search facility and it is sure to bring up some results.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serioustephanie

Post by serioustephanie »

My son has just started Yr 7 and I am very pleased with the school so far - only into first month. I wanted a coed school with a good mix of children and that is what I got. It is probably fair to say that unlike some other Croydon indies it is not an academic hot house but I didn't want that, With most A-level students getting A* these days I feel a child needs to have more than good grades. The Open Day for RR was today so maybe you came along - hope you liked it. To sum up it is a nice, friendly school and achieves good results.
pepys

Post by pepys »

We went to the open day with DS2 yesterday and were very impressed with the headmaster, and the kids at the school who were very polite and helpful. We will look to do a school day tour shortly to have a closer look at the school.
nissi

Post by nissi »

We have been to 2 Royal Russell open days (last year and this year)

Our impression is that it is a very friendly, small school with a huge amount of facilities. We did not think it would quite suit our DS1 who started grammar school this September as we felt he needed to be pushed a little, but are seriously considering it for DS2, who probably needs extra support. We liked the grounds and the sense of space.

All the kids were confident, polite and evidenty enjoyed going to school there. A friend of our's DS is now in year 7 and he loves it. It is not as academic as the other Croydon indies ( Whitgift, Trinity and Caterham) but they still achieve very good results . They are less selective in the first place, so I think they add a fantastic amount of value.

The boarding facilities are OK and day students are allowed to stay up to 9pm if they want to (they can complete their prep in one of the houses and do co-curricular activities)

In the end it is about choosing the right school to fit your childs needs
mumtoone

Post by mumtoone »

We went to the open day at this school. I thought it was wonderful, the grounds,the staff, I could not fault it.
I like the fact that the kids get support when needed. My friends son goes to a well known grammer school and finds it difficult asking for help, so he has extra help outside of school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now