John Lyon School-what's it like?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
greenvallley

John Lyon School-what's it like?

Post by greenvallley »

Hi everyone
Just thinking about all the possible school choices for DS and revisited the website of John Lyon School in Harrow. Does anybody know what this school is like?There is little written about it on this forum. Is the exam as hard as for Habs and MT?Any info would be great- just trying to put our eggs in as many baskets as possible.

Thanks
mad?

Re: John Lyon School-what's it like?

Post by mad? »

Hi, I'm afraid I have no personal experience of this school as I only have DDs. However, two friends' DC go there and their parents are more than happy. Their view would be easier to get into than the othes you mentioned, really strong pastoral care and perhaps a school that is good at finding the talent in a child rather than just seeing who pushes to the front quickest. TBO the school wasn't eaither of my friends first choice, but they are both very pleased with the way things have turned out.
mad?
greenvallley

Post by greenvallley »

Thank you for your reply, one of the forum posts spoke of disruptive behaviour in the classroom and wouldn't recommend it- but thats 1 view only. The website claims it is in the top 20 of indie school , however, less pressurised it seems ,as usually a max of 9 GCSE are taken (compared to other superselective indies). It has taken a while to accept that what I want for my children's education and rewards for their efforts and where they will end up may be quite different.

Regards
emmalulu

Post by emmalulu »

any tips for the inteview and test here
thanks
TheDirector

Post by TheDirector »

Hi

I went to their open day and was extremely impressed. The head is fantastic and teachers very impressive. Very good relationship between students and teachers. Staff seemed to know all the children individually. It seems like a dream school to me.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now