This time in 4 weeks.......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hdq2907

This time in 4 weeks.......

Post by hdq2907 »

How's everyone doing??!!! It's gone very quiet here. I feel calmer but not normal yet. Not been to any schools yet but a bit worried about loving a school then ds not passing!!!
Lemmie

Re: This time in 4 weeks.......

Post by Lemmie »

Open Evening season starts tonight here. Going to be doing the rounds and visiting 6 or 7 schools in total over the next few weeks.

I think our DS has almost forgotten about it although I'm hearing stories of a few children who are already incredibly stressed waiting for their results. I just want to get through the next few weeks nice and calmly and come out of it with Myself, my wife and our DS all in agreement about which schools we want to apply for!

Are we a long way behind the curve? Does everyone know exactly which schools and what order they will be applying for? Does everyone have a Plan B in place if their DCs don't get the results they hope for?
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

We have just started to talk about a plan b. Ds not at all keen to discuss anything other than the school he really wants (not sure he will score enough for it and if they introduce a catchment we'll have no chance) and remind us of the non selectives he definitely doesn't want. Think we need a plan b and c. DH as ever far more laid back about everything so not much help at all!!!!
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

Our local schools are a good secondary modern, good with outstanding catholic school and then grammar but as I live in Maidstone there are lots of other schools but problem is distance. Whether he'd get into any of this others is debatable. If possible want him to be able to walk to school so hoping we will love all our local schools!!!
hdq2907

Post by hdq2907 »

At the moment as we haven't visited any schools my son is very open minded. This could all change of course!! My hubsband is also laid back and patient!! I am not lol.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

I am already stressed out waiting for the results. My DH has left it all to me which in its self is a bit stressful.
Since that's hs attitude, I have told him plan is continuing to pay fees as i do not particularly like any of the local comprehensives although to be fair, I have not visited any of them.

We are all going to see a decent non selective indie not too far from us this weekend. My plan b is the indie route. We have some good and decent indie's near us. Am just wondering what to put on the caf form if dd does not get the results for grammar.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Hmmm husbands mine doesnt have a clue whats happening and is cool as a cucumber. I am sure if she passes he will let the whole world know. I vent out my stress here otherwise I will get some disparaging looks at home if I ever mention the word 11+ :evil:

DD doing Medway 11+ this weekend as back up. We have an indie too we are chasing on but having 3 selective chases isnt good and our 4th choice is a local comp. Our local comp (if KCC doesnt change goal post) is okayish. They managed 55% A-C which is ok for a school where everyone else has creamed off. It is becoming a Language and Science school and will have spanking brand new buidings too in 2011. I am trying to get hold of the breakdown of their GCSE to see the subjects they have strength in.
Impossible is Nothing.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

I see we have something else in common...laid back DH's!!!! I don't want him to be as stressed as me but he didn't even realise the results came out in October until I told him and put the kcc secondary school admissions guide in the recycling! :roll: :lol:
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Our darling Dh's,

am sure if we did not talk about school at home, he might even forget what class they are in at school. Loll
He says he leaves those things in my capable hands hmmm until things dont quite go right.

For Sidcup and Bexley people. Please any good comprehensives around? I have not even considered them.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

tigger2 wrote:and put the kcc secondary school admissions guide in the recycling! :roll: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is he a tidy-holic - virgo perhaps :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now