Bus Service for South of the County

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BooBoo

Bus Service for South of the County

Post by BooBoo »

Have been posting on the 'Results' thread re a bus service for the South of the County for the Southend/Westcliff schools.

Apparently there was one a few years ago - not sure where it started, but there was a pick-up point at the Orsett Cock.

Just wondering if there is enough demand to be able to persuade Stephensons or First Bus to run a service along the old A13?!?!?!

Post by Guest »

I don't live that way, but thought I could offer a bit of advice.

I know a parent who arranged a contract with a local taxi company to run a minibus from Chelmsford to Westcliff and Southend each day. This worked out quite competitively. Also, my daughter is at Chelmsford High and there is another parent who set up a contract with a taxi/minibus service to there from north london each day.

May be an option.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

If the bus could come through Tarpots, Benfleet, then i would be interested!! :)

Post by Guest »

Is it true that the bus between chelmsford & SHSG has been withdrawn?
tammy

Post by tammy »

I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IF THERE WAS SOME SORT OF TAXI/BUS SERVICE HAS CHILD WOULD HAVE TO TRAVEL FROM ILFORD TO SHSB :(
i KNOW OF ANOTHER CHILD WHO LIVES NEAR BY WHO WILL BE TRAVELLING TO WESTCLIFF BOYS.
A SUITABLE ROUTE DOWN THE A13 OR A12 WOULD BE IDEAL.
PEACHYS

TAXI

Post by PEACHYS »

I would be interested I live in Stanford Le Hope which is on in A13..
Girl already at Westcliff.
tammy

Post by tammy »

how does your child get to westcliff in the mean while?
Is westcliff near or far from shsb?
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

It seems that there are a few of us looking for taxi/bus service from the IIford area to SHSB and Westcliff schools, I have a few friends that do not mind teaming up with me so if you're interested let me know so that I can include your son/daughter in my numbers to the taxi/bus service. I hope to start running this from September.
Peachys

Post by Peachys »

I drive her everyday at the moment and SHSB is about 5 mins further,thats what the bus timetable says from Chelmsford and SHSG is another 15.

:D
tammy

Post by tammy »

Oh dearest, dearest blessed please count us in our child successfully gain a place at shsb we are based in ilford :D :D :D :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now