Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muvvalac

Langley to Burnham Grammar school - transportation

Post by muvvalac »

I don't find a direct bus from langley to BGS

Going by train is one option but it is a long walk from burnham stn to BGS

Any one has any better ideas or aware of any existing private transport arrangements

I am not looking to drop/pick up my DC for next 7 years
hilltop

Re: Langley to Burnham Grammar school - transportation

Post by hilltop »

The school website says it's a 10 minute walk from Burnham station.
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

hilltop wrote:The school website says it's a 10 minute walk from Burnham station.
but it is longer than , i never tried but 15 - 20 min walk
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

No it will only be 10mins walk - it's not far at all - just up Burnham Lane, over the junction and it's on the right. It's far less distance than I will be expecting my DD to walk if she goes to BGS. :) :lol:
guest666

Post by guest666 »

Attempts to facilitate tranpsort from langley never resulted in any provision materialising.

10 mins is about right from the station to BGS and lots walk that route. Alternative is to get the Slough Hoppa Bus from Slough station that goes into Burnham with the nearest stop to the school at 5 points, the traffic lights on Burnham Lane near the school. Route 1A I think
flossie

Post by flossie »

Hi, I had this problem being based in West Drayton. There is a privately run coach to Burnham Grammar which drops off at Langley and Slough Grammar too which is available - I was quoted £5 a day. The coach company is Highway coaches and you can call 020 8572 3535.
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

flossie wrote:Hi, I had this problem being based in West Drayton. There is a privately run coach to Burnham Grammar which drops off at Langley and Slough Grammar too which is available - I was quoted £5 a day. The coach company is Highway coaches and you can call 020 8572 3535.
thanks this is really useful info
burntran

Post by burntran »

I am desperately trying to arrange transport for my daughter from West Drayton to BGS. I know of at least 2
others who are trying to do the same, one from Hillingdon to BGS, another from Slough to BGS. All girls start in Sept 2011. So far, no joy!!!

I rang Highway coaches, they told me everything has to be done via Buckinghamsgire council, that they
are under no legal obligation to offer anyone transport and they give priority to students who
are registered for free travel. After that, (if there are any seats left) it's first come first served, but it is unlikely I will hear anything until End Oct 2011, and not to get my hopes up too high.

If anyone who had this problem last year has manged to find a solution, ie, private taxi firm, coach etc,
please let me know as there are many parents still trying to organise transport and I think we could all
help each other. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
ninu

Post by ninu »

Hi
Did you manage to sort out transportation to Burnham Grammar School. My daughter has just started yesterday at the school and I am looking for transport to Burnham and back from Langley
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now