Areas covered by the "Kent Test" ..KCC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yoyo123

Areas covered by the "Kent Test" ..KCC

Post by yoyo123 »

KCC kindly sent me a map which shows which areas fall under KCC's jurisdiction. (see link below)

KCC is not responsible for Bexley or Bromley. Medway is a unitary Authority and so has its own testing arrangements.

If you fall within the area in the map then the details of the "Kent Test" posted as a sticky are relevant to you.

http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/fam ... entrds.jpg
PDE

Post by PDE »

This is interesting but it makes me wonder how to get information out of the KCC. There is very little information on their website about the Kent Test (all I could find was something on the consultation to change the date of the test). I've heard that next year's test won't include maths (which I find hard to believe!) and I have no idea whether the commercially available 11+ preparation materials have any relation to what's actually set in the Kent Test.

How did you get information from the KCC?
Thanks
newby11+er

Post by newby11+er »

PDE wrote:This is interesting but it makes me wonder how to get information out of the KCC. There is very little information on their website about the Kent Test (all I could find was something on the consultation to change the date of the test). I've heard that next year's test won't include maths (which I find hard to believe!) and I have no idea whether the commercially available 11+ preparation materials have any relation to what's actually set in the Kent Test.

How did you get information from the KCC?
Thanks

I'm a newcomer to this site (and a new comer to the 11+) but it looks like I will find it invaluable over the next few months. My son is in year 5 and will therefore possibly be taking his 11+ in September. (As we live v near Medway we will be looking at Kent and Medway tests).

I agree totally with the previous post _ I can find absolutely nothing on the KCC website or the Medway website that gives any guidance about the 11+
Do the councils publish info nearer the time? - especially about who sets tests - I have looked at practice papers and most were relatively easy and straight forward. However on looking at some Bond papers even I had to stop and think!
Any guidance on the typical time scale for info would be appreciated
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Nfer set Kent test. (or have done so far)

Try ringing KCC or e-mailing them
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... highlight=

this link seems to give you quite alot of info. about format of Kent/Medway tests.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Some children prefer the Bond papers, others the NFER papers. I know its useful to use the same papers that KCC will use (nfer) but I do believe that using both Bond and NFER is an advantage as your child will not be put off by a different looking paper to what they were expecting - keep an open mind. Just my opinion though. :) IPS maths were good too.
riya

more info

Post by riya »

i would like to have more info regarding 11+ exam
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi Riya, What would you like to know? Please start a new topic under your subject heading and you may find some good responses. :)
Kent99

Re: Areas covered by the "Kent Test" ..KCC

Post by Kent99 »

Yoyo
I think you should mention that there are areas within the KCC area which are NOT within the 11+ scheme of education. Some children from those areas will, in fact, get year 7 places at Kent grammars but they will be treated as out of area candidates just as if they lived in another county. Most grammar schools will therefore only offer them place if they are undersubscibed with in-area candidates.

These areas are not identified on your map and I am aware from reading this forum that some parents have moved to non-11+ areas without realising the implications for grammar school applications. These areas tend to be centred around comprehensive schools or, in the case of the Cranbrook area, around a 13+ entry grammar school.
yoyo123

Re: Areas covered by the "Kent Test" ..KCC

Post by yoyo123 »

which areas are they?

the map is one of Kent LEA