Skinners 'Admissions' Meeting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

committed

Skinners 'Admissions' Meeting

Post by committed »

The grapevine has various rumours circulating that Year 8&9 Skinners' parents have been invited to an 'admissions' meeting tomorrow (30th Sept). Any Skinners parents out there who can confirm?

Or if there are any Judd & Toggs parents - is anything similar planned?

Many thanks

C.
hermanmunster

Re: Skinners 'Admissions' Meeting

Post by hermanmunster »

duh? why would years 8 and 9 be involved in admissions meetings?
mystery

Post by mystery »

Doesn't make much sense does it. Maybe the Adjudicator is going to make a retrospective decision, so children in years 8 and 9 who live a long way away but got a high score will have to leave.

PS: This is a joke :roll: :shock:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mystery wrote:Doesn't make much sense does it. Maybe the Adjudicator is going to make a retrospective decision, so children in years 8 and 9 who live a long way away but got a high score will have to leave.

PS: This is a joke :roll: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
committed

Post by committed »

I like your style Mystery! :lol:

I know it seems a bit strange, but this is what I've heard - and speculating (which is all it is) it may be that Year 8/9 parents are more likely to have Year 6 siblings who've just sat the 11+ and also speculating, it may be the start of trying to get a consensus opinion on the current objections.

Looking at previous reviews by Adjudicators, I don't think they lock themselves away in a room and come up with a ruling - I think they really try and get everyone to come up with a workable plan (though given the fairly polarised views in this case it may be more difficult this time round :D )

Hopefully there are some Skinners' parents lurking who will be able to shed some light on it all...
SSM

Post by SSM »

It's not an 'admissions meeting' it is a meeting for parents to meet year heads and discuss matters of interest eg academy status and admissions arrangements and future developments of the school and site.
There is another meeting the following week for Y10 and Y11.
committed

Post by committed »

Thanks SSM. I guess the whole issue of Academy status and admissions may well take on a different slant depending on other decisions soon to be made, but thanks for clarifying.

I think everyone is just every so slightly concerned at the moment - what with waiting for results and also waiting for the Adjudicator. Apologies if I mis-interpreted the significance of the meeting :oops:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Why do you think they're not inviting Year 7? I'm working hard on a conspiracy theory but failing badly.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Year 7 had a new parents cheese and wine/meeting with head and form tutors last week.

Sorry to pour cold water on your the theory!!
SSM

Post by SSM »

I did wonder myself. There is normally a New Parents Evening around this time when Y7 parents go to meet Form Tutors/Head of Years/Prefects etc. and th HT normally does a speech then, so maybe he used that evening to bring Y7 parents up to date.

So maybe not so sinister after all. :)

Edited; posted at same time as doodles.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now