Bucks admission policy - address proof

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum's question

Bucks admission policy - address proof

Post by mum's question »

Hi, its me again........

can anybody please guide me regarding what address proof documents do the Bucks Council needs while filling up the Secondary School application form in September. Since we stay in a rented acco. in Taplow which would have its tenancy agreement only till April 2008. Do they ask to show what our address would be in September 2008 when my daughter would be actually starting the secondary school?

We have decided to purchase our property once the school is allocated.

Can any experienced parent help me please by telling what adress proof doc they need while filling up the form in Sept 2007. Their website says "for normal address proof ,utility bills or council tax bills, not less than a year old should be OK as evidence", which is OK for me, whereas for late applicants they say "address proof showing that you would be at that property at least till six months from the September starting (2008)". I'm not sure if we need to show the address till Sept 08 and beyond, ..........please help........
Road Runner

address proof

Post by Road Runner »

Hi there

I know when we filled in the Bucks forms we sent a recent electric bill, I believe it si where you live now when you are applying that counts

Good luck

MelX
hugh

Post by hugh »

We sold, moved into rented in catchment, and bought once our son had a place. I seem to recall we had to show a tenancy agreement of at least 6 months, but I don't rember if it was 6 months duration, 6 months from the time of application or what.

However, I do remember the Bucks booklet about secondary transfer being pretty comprehensive (no pun intended). It is available on line from http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/ website.

Also, we had several queries at different stage of the process and always found the ed dept very helpful on the phone 01296 383250 . Often that is the quickest way to get FACTS.
mum's question

Post by mum's question »

Thanks to both of you...........
I would try to call the no. and get my doubts clear.................
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They will allocate the school according to the address you have when you fill the form in - your strategy to move after allocation might mean you don't get a place if you are not near enough now.

Hugh moved into rented house in catchment - I think this is sensible -
mum's question

Post by mum's question »

Hi Guest55,

We are already staying in the catchment area of two grammar schools in Bucks. But we want to purchase a property once we know in which school my daughter would be going. It might happen she doesn't pass the Bucks exam but she gets a place at Slough schools.............
we are in a rented acco. now which might not have the tenancy agreement till or beyond September 2008 when my daughter actually starts the school. I was concerned that while filling up the forms in Sept/Oct 2007 whether the school/LEA ask for an address proof at the time of submitting the form or an address proof when she actually starts the school. Its nearly a year time, isn't it.......
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mums Question

Due to the complexity of your dilemma, have read your post in the Berks section and 'suggestions needed please' in Bucks section

I really do feel its appropriate that you start making phone calls to Bucks county, Reading borough , Kendrick and Slough [ do not envy you.]

Without sounding patronising [ that's me not you! ], you should get their names, dept names and extensions. In addition ask for written confirmation.

Patricia

If you decide to make those phone calls, please post back, so we can all live and learn!
mum's question

Post by mum's question »

Thanks Patricia for your advice.
I would definitely make phone calls to the appropriate schools/councils to get direct info from them. I’ll post it back to the forum once I get the responses. Since you have emphasised on getting written confirmation, it might be better to email them with my queries. In fact I’ve already emailed Kendrick school but hasn’t yet got any reply. If I don’t get any response by email, then probably I would call them. I dont know how prompt they are in replying back through email...................
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Copy of this year's admissions booklet is on:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/content/i ... =987793428

This should clarify the Bucks situation! I agree with Patricia that you need any advice in writing ...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now