Open days / evenings

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
curly-girly

Open days / evenings

Post by curly-girly »

Hi all, my eldest son is in Year 4 now so I am looking into it a teeny bit early but mainly because he has a physical disability so I want to scope out schools in good time as there are extra factors to consider. However, it also seems I am a bit late as I have literally missed all the open evenings by a few days! Can you please enlighten me -- are these open days only run in September each year, or are they held at various points in the school year (fingers crossed!)?
stevew61

Re: Open days / evenings

Post by stevew61 »

Welcome to the forum, which part of Berkshire?

It is good to look early and often. :)

I took DS2 in years 3,4 and 5, now in year 6 he is familiar with the options and we don't need to go on a rushed and crushed open evening.
curly-girly

Post by curly-girly »

I am looking at the Slough Consortium and Burnham. Not sure where to start but have already been worrying about how to get him there transport-wise from Ealing. He is not severely disabled so he can get on the train but I would worry if he had to walk more than about 10 mins from station to school. Moving house closer is not a closed option but I would prefer to stay put if at all possible!
chad

Post by chad »

I can't help you transport wise.... but some others may.....

There are buses that drop off very close to St Bernards & Slough grammar (Slough grammar may well be back in the consortium by then) not sure where theycome from.

There are parents who posted last year that hail from Ealing.. see this thread.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 3&start=10

It may be worthwhile sending them a PM.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Burnham Grammar is about 10mins walk from the station.