...Past CSSE QUESTION PAPERS...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tqu08n

...Past CSSE QUESTION PAPERS...

Post by tqu08n »

... with only a few weeks to go, grateful if anyone will be kind enough to share pre 2008 CSSE maths & English papers. CSSE have only sold me 08-09.
marigold

Re: ...Past CSSE QUESTION PAPERS...

Post by marigold »

I am afraid that I, and I think that I might be rather typical of an old 11plus parent, had a very enjoyable session destroying all 11plus related papers straight after the exam so there may not be too many in circulation.

If you look at the sticky at the top of the section Moved gives a useful list of all the books used in the English paper for the past 10 or so years. If you have no joy in finding old papers you could get a few of these books out of the library and make up some questions along similar lines to the papers you do have, eg meanings of difficult words, true or false questions about facts which are hard to find in the passage.

Bond Books level 5 are also good and I highly recommend the Walsh 10 min tests for VR.
Perhaps some one else has a secret supply of unused papers somewhere ?
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

You should be able to get hold of the 2010 entry maths and english papers from the CSSE.

For what it's worth, the general consensus is that the papers have been following a trend of becoming more difficult so the earlier papers may be less useful than you think.
tqu08n

Post by tqu08n »

...very useful..many thanks.
moved

Post by moved »

Rather than a trip to the library I would recommend using Project Gutenberg as you can copy and paste passages. I use this all the time when writing my papers.
marigold

Post by marigold »

As a young person would say OMG...I had never heard of Project Gutenberg...bang goes any housework for the next twenty years.
moved

Post by moved »

My favourite website, after this one of course!