Couple of last minute papers - what do you recommend?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
happychap

Couple of last minute papers - what do you recommend?

Post by happychap »

Just looking for a couple of last minute papers for DD to do.

Which ones would you recommend that I download?

Thanks in advance!
muminTewkes

Re: Couple of last minute papers - what do you recommend?

Post by muminTewkes »

I haven't done any for the past week-not going to now as I'm too scared!lol!
Last one i did was SD last in the series of multiple choice ones...not sure as I've not downloaded any but i *think*The Tutors level 3 or 4 is appropriate?someone will know....
Good Luck!
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

Tutors level 4 is quite hard (harder than Walsh)- esp. the vocab. and I don't think there are any long papers available. Level 3 is on the easy side but probably your best bet. Don't think there is anything else suitable.
Milla

Post by Milla »

I did level 4s WITH my son towards the end - it wasn't as if he didn't know how to do it, they are significantly harder than most other tests and we were both fed up with the routine bit but he was still happy to do the thinking bit. This way we could talk through the answers and "grow" them and make it all more interesting than just "if this is Tuesday, this must be Belgium" (name of a 70s film about a coach trip which also seemed rather VR-ish. Maybe something I should keep to myself).
Keep strong chaps. All over soon. I recommend bonfires waiting in the wings.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Ive just looked ,and I could be being a little dim here, but i couldn't see any level 3 or 4 full papers? :?:
Im sure I saw some before :?
pixiequeen

Post by pixiequeen »

muminTewkes, make sure you are looking at E-papers not in the BookShop. The only Tutors full papers on there are the level 3 ones. Don't think there are any level 4 full ones. :D
katel

Post by katel »

Don't do last minute papers. if they do well, they didn't need to do them. If they don't do well, there's nothing you can do about it and it'll shake their confidence.
Milla

Post by Milla »

no, these were short ones, the level 4s so not daunting.

I'd agree with katel and stop doing stuff now. Ask yourself, "do they know HOW to do the questions?" and if the answer is yes (which it will be) then ease right off. Help the stress slide away, try and think of something else and do something else. Be aware that YOU will carry on being incredibly stressed (well, most likely you will) but you really are in the home straight. There's nothing new to learn now. Not for VR tests. I feel for you all, especially the second timers (when it's worse).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now