Its over

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rugbymum

Its over

Post by Rugbymum »

So glad I do not have to go through the 11 plus process again :lol:

This time the atmosphere in the hall was much more upbeat. My DD thought the whole thing was much easier than she thought it would be - probably cos she has been fed so many horror stories about how hard it would be! She still missed loads of questions though.
youngest

Re: Its over

Post by youngest »

A number of empty desks noted by my DS, including from his own school!
Am I very naughty to want to tell him to tell any child who asks what it was like "It was very hard and you'll never answer any questions" ?
Seriously I told him he mustn't tell them what it was like or any question types or they would be cheating!
floozey

Post by floozey »

My DD found the comprehension especially hard - anyone else have same feedback (without giving too much away)
ernestcyril

Post by ernestcyril »

My DD said it was fine overall, she missed out a fair few questions and some bits were tricky! Wait and see eh?! Am I to gather that children who missed todays exam due to ill health get to take the same paper? Surely some of the kids talk about it at school a bit ( I wouldn't imagine they can all be effectively silenced!!) , so is there a little bit of an unfair advantage? Or am I completely wrong?
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Just beat me to it ernest. They surely cant take the same paper - that would be madness and very fair. So open to cheating.

My biggest suprise was my daughters first words ' that was easy'. Mmm I thought , lets wait till we see the results.
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Mine said the comprehension was easy and loads of time! Didnt like and couldnt do the first question or section though . Jumbled bit. Dont know how many marks lost on that. Thought the exam was easier than expected.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

I'm getting the feeling, from my DC's feedback and that of their friends, that the paper wasn't overly difficult. That's making me feel nervous as they will need a higher mark to get through! :?

I agree that those sitting the paper later get an unfair advantage if the paper is the same as today's. Pretty sure it is though. :evil:

All done now though. Chinese take away tonight as an end of test treat. (and to save me cooking!)
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Doing the same paper is so unfair. Im going to find out. For example there were a set of twins doing the exam today. If one creied off sick, your telling me his brother wont help him with the questions ?

Only 5 months till we get the results (bangs head on desk).
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Children who missed the exam due to sickness will be taking the same paper.
Mr Benn

Post by Mr Benn »

Whilst it seems right that they should take the same paper for fairness, in practice it seems madness. Especially considering the amount of secrecy the Education dept wrap around the exam beforehand. Maybe Im over reacting ?
Just wonder how simple it is to cry off sick for these exams anyway - do you need a doctors note ?

Well organised by Studley High anyway. I did begin to wonder if they would start on time as there was still a big queue waiting to register at 9:10 , but I think was was compounded by some takign ages to register for some reason.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now