Rainham Mark Grammer School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Applepie

Rainham Mark Grammer School

Post by Applepie »

Is anyone on here thinking about Rainham Mark Grammer School ( is it over subscribed)(do buses go direct from Maidstone) we are in Maidstone and my ds might be going there as it does not seem to have a catchment area. Its a back up to Rochester Grammer School.
tiredmum

Re: Rainham Mark Grammer School

Post by tiredmum »

Have you a ds or a dd? Rochester grammar is all girls :lol:
RMGS is mixed and there is a bus direct from maidstone, my dd;s friend catches it everyweek day, it goes on score but in the last few years nearly everyone who has wanted the school has got it.
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Last year it had a cut off a few above pass mark. I know of kids who passed but did not get in. If it is oversubscribed it goes to distance. Has become very popular again so may be oversubscribed again this year. It is a long way from Maidstone to come to school
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

ausvic wrote: If it is oversubscribed it goes to distance.

Last year its over-sub criteria was based on score, if there are two dc's going for the last space with the same score - then it looks at distance. :)
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

That's what I meant :)
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

:lol: :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

My curiosity is getting the better of me but why are you going for the Medway Grammars and not the Maidstone ones?
Impossible is Nothing.
Applepie

Post by Applepie »

sorry did not explain, we have taken Medway and Kent test my dd says the Medway was easy and the kent hard so i was making a plan for if she failed the kent test. Rochester would be easy, but it goes on score, i would rather she went to a grammer somewhere than a poor secondary school locally.
ausvic

Post by ausvic »

Rainham Mark also goes on score, like Rochester Grammar it is a Medway 'super selective'.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Ok I get it, my DD did both Medway and Kent too so I think RGS and RMGS will be our choice schools too. I actually quite like RGS so far better than my local ones but I dont think I could justify the journey if she were to get in our local ones. Will see what I make of it when we visit. They have open day next sat but I prefer seeing it on a working day so will attend the open mornings.

This website is also helpful for school bus timetables for Kent and Medway.

http://www.11-19travel.info/

Oh and another bit of good news I noticed the Kent Freedom Pass which cost £50 annually now covers Kent Children attending Medway schools since April 2010.

Just have to sit tightly hoping Friday will bring us some good news. Mine found Medway harder than Kent so I am not holding my breath.
Impossible is Nothing.