missed questions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hurstchristina

missed questions

Post by hurstchristina »

A friend of mine's son missed a page of the vr of course they are all devastated can anyone offer any advice I could give her.
no_ball

Re: missed questions

Post by no_ball »

from the general comments over the past day, so did a few other children. If most are in the same position, then more of a level playing field i guess. Nothing can be done till the results in March now.
fm

Post by fm »

I think I would advise her to get it into perspective.

There are 3 parts to the exam, each contributing an equal amount towards a pass.

The VR page he missed was more than likely 1/5 of the VR part of the exam and therefore 1/15 of the whole paper. Assuming he is a very clever boy, then he might have managed to get 3/4 of this page right but, more typically, you would expect 3/5 to 1/2 for most successful candidates. So that means he has now either lost 3/60 of his potential marks which is an almost insignificant part of the whole, especially for a very clever child who will make it up in other areas without too much trouble, or he has lost 2/60 of his total potential score which is even less, albeit may make a difference to a child within a couple of marks either way of passing.

I have had one successful pupil who missed out a whole page of non-verbal and another who got none of the Cloze whatsoever and still achieved a pass. If he has enough in his 'tank', he should be able to pass without this slight hiccup.
concerto

Post by concerto »

hurstchristina wrote:A friend of mine's son missed a page of the vr of course they are all devastated can anyone offer any advice I could give her.

Dear hurstchristina

My son missed out on WHOLE TWO pages :shock: :x :roll:

concerto
floozey

Post by floozey »

Mine missed some NVR, found the comprehension REALLY hard.....she said for the maths she had enough time!!.....hope this is not a sign that she got the wrong end of the stick and messed up!!
Sherbetlemon

Post by Sherbetlemon »

I'm increasingly glad that my daughter has chosen not to talk about it much...
floozey

Post by floozey »

my dd also said the name and DOB was already on top of the exam and she just had to check the details ......is this right?? I though that you would have had to fill this in
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

As I have said in another thread, my DD missed loads...but I am not going to stress out about it as everyone will have missed several questions as there is no way anyone could answer the majority of questions in the short time frames they were given.

Last year, a friend's DD missed a couple of pages, sobbed her heart out for days afterwards and she still passed :D
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

My son missed out loads last year, including a whole page of maths. He was very unhappy with his performance and said that some of it was horribly hard. He passed comfortably.

Some of his classmates who declared it 'easy' did not.
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I know mine only answered about 2 of the first 15 questions. First section. He thinks 5 mins allowed. So that not sound so bad. 5 mins not 2 0 min whole section. He said comp ok and time to check. I said are you sure you not miss a page of them:-S. No he said. He not do one page of nvr in the time either. But says he completed all the rest. Its hard not knowing how many marks lost and the impact. You just have to hope everyone found the same and also had to leave them! So level playing field.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now