Appeal Process

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sad Mum

Appeal Process

Post by Sad Mum »

Does anyone know the appeal process in Plymouth ,and the sucess rate?

My daughter failed to get a place at Devonport although her score was higher than the cut off for Plymouth High,now we are kicking ourselves for having chosen Devonport.

The letter has placed her in band B,having passed and now on the waiting list.

Does anyone get a plce off the waiting list?

Help, we don't want her to end up at her allocated school :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post by Guest »

Hi from what I understand there are very few appeals aand almost no succeed.
As far as waiting list I'm sure the school would contact you if you have a place.

And as far as wishing you had applied for Plymoputh High,that is the luck of the draw,each year the scores differ from one school to the other ,and iit is pointless trying to guess which one is going to have the lower score.If you chose the school that was right for your daughter then you should have no regrets.
sorry

Post by sorry »

I know of at least 2 hildren with places at Devonport who will not be taking them up, so there will be more places becoming available, just depends how many are waiting on the list!

Good luck to your daughter wheichever school she goes to.

Post by Guest »

Hi Sad Mum,
A know of someone who was Band B who appealed (last year) but wasn't successful.
HOWEVER, they were offered PHS Girls after the first round, bought the uniform etc etc. Then a week before September start date were offered a place at DHSG which was their first preference. SO there is hope but it does depend on how many are on the waiting list.
Good luck to you and your daughter. :)