Slough Grammar Academy Status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bcookerblum

Slough Grammar Academy Status

Post by bcookerblum »

Son came home today and said they've been told that sgs will become an academy in January. Have you heard anything about this Chad?
Does anyone know if anything was said at the open evening?

Just thought I would give this question its own topic as it may raise question is the future :D - chad
Last edited by chad on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moving to own topic
chad

Re: Extra Open Evening - Slough Grammar

Post by chad »

Nope.... don't know about this..,. haven't seen a letter!!!!!!

That doesn't mean much tho' as i can't trust my 15 yr old to tell me/ give me/ communicate much about school now. :roll:

He is doing work experience atm so wasn't in school today.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Before a school can apply for academy status they have to implement a consultation involving all stake holders. i.e parents, teachers, support staff.
When this is at an end the replies are evaluated by the Governors and then a final decision is made.

Our School has currently come to the end of it's two week consultation, whilst DS's Grammar are one week into a six week consultation.As you can see different approaches on the length of consultation by different schools. They each hope to convert to academy in January also.

Bottom line, I believe, is receiving Money to safe guard against proposed Government cuts to education, and therefore their schools ability to provide at least the level of service they are currently able to.
(With Child benefit and Children Tax credit cuts don't think they'd win any popularity competitions atm :evil: )

HTH

BW
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

He said a letter will be coming out soon but they were told by the head yesterday, and by the sound of it they were told that it will become an academy in January, not that it might. I will give him another grilling tonight if there is still no letter LOL.
chad

Re: Slough Grammar Academy Status

Post by chad »

there is a FAQ on the Academy Status on the website under 'Notice board'

http://www.sloughgrammar.berks.sch.uk/
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now