Looking for a sign

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BusyLizzy

Looking for a sign

Post by BusyLizzy »

An an v occasional poster but have been 'lurking' here since November and found the conversations so helpful. We used all the advise and learnings from all of you going through this experience now and those who have done it before.

DD was as well prepared as she could be and feeling ok about the papers - but now I'm doing belated post mortem's and analsying everything - not with her but in my mind.

Today Year 5 teacher who teaches top set Yr 5 & 6 smiled at DD when he marked her work. Can you believe it - i'm analysing this to death - what did the smile look like - does it mean "just what i expect from you' or 'proof that we were right to appeal. How sad is that? Most of the time I have things in balance but this wait is unbearable. i know i need to get a grip, but please tell me i'm not the only one!
Lemmie

Re: Looking for a sign

Post by Lemmie »

You're not the only one! :)

We're coming to the end of School visits now, and I thought we had it all figured out... after all the fuss of prepping for and taking the 11+ we had been veering towards a non-selective... until we visited the Grammars over the past few days, one of which has forced its way into the no 1 spot for us. I'm now going back over everything my DS said after the exam and pretty much wishing away the next 11 days or so. I'm not concerned about seeing his form teacher because I would be surprised if the HT has discussed the results (although who knows). I am wondering how I will react if I see the HT over the next week or so.

It'll be over soon... then it's just completing the CAF form, possibly Appeals, Transition between the Schools and... ok I'm shutting up now.
SoGladitsover

Post by SoGladitsover »

Oh no you are certainly not the only one!!

It's driving me bonkers. My DD came home today and said the Head spoke to her today. Apparently the Head said "not long till your results now - are you excited!"

Now the Head knows the result doesn't he! So I'm thinking would he say that to a kid that he knew had failed - I'm hoping not.
BusyLizzy

Post by BusyLizzy »

Well that has just got to be a good sign hasn't :D That's the quality of sign i'm looking for!
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

SoGladitsover.....you would like to think that the HT wasn`t that thoughtless!!

You have to step away from the analysis....you`re just torturing yourselves.......obviously I didn`t do it last year :shock: it became the only topic of conversation at home.....

then the next few months are...".will we get the school we want?"....its going to be a long winter....pace yourselves :)
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

U400JB9 wrote:then the next few months are...".will we get the school we want?"....its going to be a long winter....pace yourselves :)
yes i agree, you soooo want to results! then when you get them you have that long winter to get through until you know the school allocation!
SoGladitsover

Post by SoGladitsover »

U400JB9 wrote:SoGladitsover.....you would like to think that the HT wasn`t that thoughtless!!
Well that is what I am hoping - but who knows!!

We also have to add "hope we get the house" into the waiting for results and schools equation as we are also in the process of moving. We are nearing the end of the process but if it all goes wrong then we have to start again.

I am only glad that this week we viewed a secondary school that both my DD and I loved, so if it's not good news on the 18th it's not all bad! :?
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

SoGladitsover wrote:
U400JB9 wrote:SoGladitsover.....you would like to think that the HT wasn`t that thoughtless!!
Well that is what I am hoping - but who knows!!

We also have to add "hope we get the house" into the waiting for results and schools equation as we are also in the process of moving. We are nearing the end of the process but if it all goes wrong then we have to start again.

I am only glad that this week we viewed a secondary school that both my DD and I loved, so if it's not good news on the 18th it's not all bad! :?
At least you have a plan B :D
Good luck with the move.....i`m still scarred from ours..... :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now