Do Medway schools get results first before parents?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rubyhettybetty

Do Medway schools get results first before parents?

Post by rubyhettybetty »

Just wondered if the schools get the test results at all? Before us/ after us/ not at all? There's no head teacher's review, is there?
tiredmum

Re: Do Medway schools get results first before parents?

Post by tiredmum »

As far as i know the head gets them the earliest time you do - which will be the friday for those getting the email. To be honest medway results come out so quickly i cant see how they can get them many hours before you - hope your nerves are holding up ruby :)
rubyhettybetty

Post by rubyhettybetty »

I am getting worse, the nearer we get to Friday - esp with people ringing and asking, it's like being pregnant and waiting for the baby to be born!!!

For some reason we keep asking ourselves 'what if...?' and we can't begin to agree on a plan B!
Benoit

Post by Benoit »

Hi,

Sorry to jump on the end here but, there is still so much about this process that seems to go over my head. What Medway School is this thread referring to? Is it the child's primary or the prospective Secondary? Why would the primary school know? Mine has distanced itself from the whole thing that I hardly see how it is any of their business. Why would the secondary know any scores before they know who is applying?

Another crucial thing that is worrying the **** out of me if the application process. Today I found out that my daughter had passed her 11+ and a few things here and there have made me wonder whether or not I'm behind the game. I was under the impression that we have until 31st October 2010 to apply for a place. I have now heard of some girls who have already applied for RGS etc but I didn't see the point without knowing her score etc first. Is this right or have I made a faux pas?

I was going to wait and see Fort Pitt and RGS once more before deciding with her and hope I haven't left it too late. I have sent an Expression Of Interest to RGS regarding her piano grades but haven't heard anything yet. My daughter has heard from one of her classmates, who also passed today, who stated she is expecting a letter from RGS tomorrow offering her a place. Surely it is not first come, first served and you are entitled to weigh up options before selecting.

The RGS website states -
Parents complete the Medway common application form (CAF) in accordance with the Medway Co-ordinated Admission Scheme.
The Local Authority will administer the Medway test on behalf of the governors of The Rochester Grammar School.
The Local Authority will then act as clearing house for the administration of pupils’ preferences.
Following the tests, selective and non-selective decisions are posted to parents by the Local Authority. Offers and refusals of places will be posted to parents by the Local Authority, on behalf of RGS.

This suggests you apply prior to taking the test etc. We took the test first and will apply later before the deadline. In any case, I thought it was simple, but now I'm confused!!
Benoit
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Dont panic! All is fine.
RGS do take about 2 on musical ability and i am not sure when they are informed but would think it will be March 1st.

The deadline for applications is the deadline! After that date the LEA will apply the admissions criteria to all the schools on everyones list. NObody gets in ahead of anyone else. I dont know why they think a letter will be coming from RGS - letters come from the LEA on March 1st. - so if you have time to view schools before the deadline then i highly recommend that you do. It is important to find the right school for your child - it cant be rushed. Enjoy looking round and all the activities :)
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

No places are offered until March 1st so no-one can know until then, there is certainly no "first come first served" business! Don't worry your dd won't miss out - unless you forget to hand the form in :D, as if.
medwaymix

Post by medwaymix »

Oh tiredmum we did it together :D
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

syncronised! :lol:
Benoit

Post by Benoit »

Hello fellow insomniacs!

Thanks for such a swift reply. Both of you! Can sleep easy now.

Just realised my post made it look like I swore! The four letter word was supposed to read as 'the opposite of heaven' as opposed to 'something you dread finding on the bottom of your shoe'.
Benoit
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

me im an owl - hence the tiredmum! :lol: