How far can you live away from WGGS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UKDAD

How far can you live away from WGGS?

Post by UKDAD »

Hi There,

Very new to the forum. My wife and I are considering moving to Watford just for the sake of getting our daughter into WGGS. We went to the open day this week and were impressed. Have already started with the VR and maths a year ago, but we know that we cant simply rely on the test due to the amount of competition.

Can anyone throw some ideas as to how far one can be away from the school to stand a good chance of getting in using the distance rule? Obviously it can never be guaranteed - hence we are continuing with the the Maths and VR (and Music). I understand the the number of girls getting in under the distance rule has increased since the x sibling rule was abolished. I also am aware that from this year the girls are being offered a place using distance "as the crow flies". I guess we will need to wait until March 2011 to get a better idea - but last years stats would help to start looking into where to look to move. Does anyone have these stats???

Would appreciate any help - including some nice areas in Watford. :D :D :D
watfordmum66

Re: How far can you live away from WGGS?

Post by watfordmum66 »

If you look at the sticky at the top compiled by WP this will give you an idea of distance and score.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now