results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lehxx

results

Post by lehxx »

Hi...this wait for results is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Lincs, the results are posted out on friday, but when do the primary schools know the results...is it before friday or over the weekend like the parents?

I doubt she'll pass coz she refused to practice ...if she does pass, she so deserves that place at grammar!
lehxxx
secondtime

Re: results

Post by secondtime »

I had the same thought earlier today.

The Grammars post the results on Friday - my post is always slow so I will probably get them late afternoon Monday. My son is off on a week long school residential so he will have to wait until the following Friday!

I wondered if primary head would know on Friday? We are out of area if that makes a difference.

I seem to remember ringing the school (Kings) to see what the required score was - last year I understand it was 229 - if anyone gets an idea of this, could they post it here please.
lehxx

Post by lehxx »

I understood the required pass was 220 for the whole of lincs???
lehxxx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

from the King's website:

places will then be awarded in rank score order to the number of students intended to admit
although 220 was the score, maybe the lowest place offered at Kings was 229. I am pretty sure that the girls were able to offer to all who passed.
secondtime

Post by secondtime »

Kings have 145 places - no catchment. They simply take top scores in rank order. Given that lots of out of area apply (including me!!) they have been oversubscribed lately.

Girls school totally different criteria - pass (220) then distance from school to home.

Therefore with Kings you can pass 11+ but still not get a place :evil:
Alex

Post by Alex »

The cut-off score last year for King's was 229 (on March 2). The year before it was 225.

KGGS as a Community school allocates according to the County Council's policy with driving distance being the final criterion and no regard being paid to score other than the requirement to achieve 220. They were also oversubscribed last year, though not in the previous year.
lehxx

Post by lehxx »

We want QEHS gainsborough, as it is 300 yards from our house!!!
lehxxx
KITTY CAT

Post by KITTY CAT »

I HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER TODAY FROM CAISTOR GRAMMAR SCHOOL SAYING MY CHILD HAS REACHED THE QUALIFYING SCORE. THE LETTER WE RECEIVED ON THE TEST DAY MORE OR LESS TOLD US TO LOOK OUT FOR THE WORDING "IMPRESSIVE" OR "VERY GOOD" OF WHICH NEITHER WERE ON MY LETTER. I RANG THE SCHOOL AND THE TEACHER KEPT REFERRING TO MY DAUGHTER AS "HE" AND SAID YES "HE" PASSED BUT OTHERS GOT A HIGHER MARK AND THAT I WOULD BE RELYING ON OTHER PARENTS NOT PUTTING THEIR CHILD FIRST ON THE PREFERENCE FORM. I'M WAITING FOR KING EDWARD RESULTS TOMORROW AND IF MY DAUGHTER DOESN'T REACH THE REQUIRED SCORE THEN I WILL PUT CAISTOR FIRST AND GO TO AN APPEAL. CAN I ASK FOR HER TEST PAPER TO BE REMARKED DOES ANYBODY KNOW? JUST A POINT IT'S AMAZING HOW MANY CAISTOR GRAMMAR SCHOOL TEACHERS MANAGE TO GET THEIR CHILDREN IN!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome Kitty Cat,

Could you use lower case in future please - the capitals make it hard to read and is considered "shouting" in a forum :wink:

Good luck for the results tomorrow.

To win an appeal for Caistor Grammar you would have to have strong reasons for your DD needing this school to outweigh the score being too low to gain entry. It is possible to ask for a remark if you feel that the mark was surprisingly low and you were expecting much higher. However, be aware that there are rarely mistakes in marking. You could try asking Caistor to be a little more specific though I am not sure how successful you will be, for example you could ask how many children have scored higher than your child out of area and how many have got through in area. Caistor is very popular and I am guessing that the majority of those who pass with a high enough score will take up places.
roll17

Post by roll17 »

I beleive for the boys that the score fluctuates per year as they take the top 145 scores. So like last year the pass was 229 the year before 225. If you are in the 235 plus I guess you'll be sitting in a good position for a place.
r o l l 1 7