12 plus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mumto2

12 plus

Post by mumto2 »

Hi there. Just wondered whether anyone has any experience of the 12 plus specifically for Caldy Grammar. After months of not being interested DS has started to express an interest in taking it. Part of me thinks, oh no, here we go again and another part wonders whether it's worth a shot for him. Any help appreciated.
Maybelle

12 plus

Post by Maybelle »

Hi Mum to 2.
Don't actually have experience of 12 plus or Calday, but found this from the school admissions code (via Wirral learning grid)...

3a. Admission during Years 7 - 11
Pupils will be admitted to other age groups provided they have reached the required standard and that their admission does not prejudice the provision of efficient education and the efficient use of resources. The procedure will be administered within the school and the Local Authority informed of the Governors’ decision. Parents should contact the Headteacher who will discuss the arrangements for assessment of pupils.

3b. Re-assessment
Pupils may be re-assessed for entry into Calday at the request of a parent if more than a year has passed since any previous test. If it is determined that the boy is appropriately placed at Calday he may be transferred when places are available. Such a transfer will normally be made at the end of an academic year. However, the Governors will consider entry at other times during the year.

Hope it helps give you a starting point, can't hurt to give them a call... :D
mumto2

Thanks

Post by mumto2 »

You're right, it can't hurt to call them - so why do I feel so nervous? Thnaks for the info - v much appreciated. Will let you know . . .
Maybelle

12 plus

Post by Maybelle »

Good Luck :)
M xx
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Hi
My DS is in year 8 at Calday it's lovely school ! he is very happy :lol:
I remember a lad joining in Jan of Year 7 who had sat 12+ he settled in very well and after a few weeks Ds said it was forgotten he had joined later -don't know the procedure but worth a go !
Good luck
Pensby :D
purple40annie

Re: 12 plus

Post by purple40annie »

My son took the 12+ in November of year 7 exactly a year after the 11+. You have to ring Calday to say that you want him to take it then you will go for a day and do a verbal reasoning 11+ style paper, and an english, maths and science exam. He passed and started the first week in December so it was all very quick. Hope this helps.
Rel

Re: 12 plus

Post by Rel »

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help. Our daughter is keen to sit the 12+ having just missed the 11+ by a few marks. She would like to go to West Kirby Grammar. Does anyone know the format of the exam? I have heard it is Maths English and Verbal Reasoning but wondering if anyone had tips/ advice on the format of the exam. Any advice appreciate! Thank you!