Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Appeal Wirral Mum

Appeal

Post by Appeal Wirral Mum »

I posted this under Wirral but thought I may get a better response here.

Just wanted to ask if anyone from the Wirral has been to appeal?
What to expect? Anybody care to share their experience?
I know there are other threads with this on but none specifically for Wirral. What were other people score's and were they successful at appeal?

I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help.

Thank you!

Appeal Wirral Mum.
Appeal mum

Post by Appeal mum »

I don't know if no response is a good sign.
Maybe nobody appeals in Wirral, maybe people know better than to appeal here!

I really would appreciate hearing from anybody either embarking on this long journey of appeal or somebody who has been through it regardless of the outcome.

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, just finding the whole process daunting and the more I read the more I feel out of my depth.

Appeal mum.
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

I am from the Wirral. My daughter passed 11+ for Wirral Grammar this year.

But I did not think she would pass and was ready to appeal as she said she missed some questions on the first paper. You may have read my posts on the Wirral.

Unfortunately the Wirral Group has very low posts, I don't think many people know on the Wirral of this forum. And especially anyone who has Appealed on the Wirral and knowing of this forum is probably small.

Appealing to the Wirral LEA or anywhere else is probably the same process. You need to speak to your childs Head and get their Opinions, Support for an appeal. Don't delay on this if you haven't done this already. If the Head doesn't support an appeal then it's a non starter.

read the http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php

Most of the answers are on here from Etienne..

My Friend went to appeal last year in the Wirral and was succesful. But the child had passed the Eleven plus but was NOT offered a school so it may be different, if your child did not. I beleive the appeal hearing are held in Wallasy Town hall, April...

Obviously the more marks missed the harder it is for a succesful appeal. But really although it's more stress and wait what have you got to lose..??

I would do it ...

a big plus is having this forum information available , lots of people on the wirral will NOT appeal as they don't know how to or don't bother because of the continued stress...This could be a positive for you...

I haven't been in this situation and dred the thought of going through it scares me to death.

But would I do it... YES!!

Good Luck , If you do appeal please share your experience.

NBS
Appeal mum

Post by Appeal mum »

I certainly will do.
Thank you for posting back, I have never felt as bewildered and alone as to who ask for advice.
Newbie But stressed

Post by Newbie But stressed »

Yes, I can imagine Appealing on the Wirral can be a lonely process, but as you can see here lots of people from other parts of the country are in the same boat.

I can't imagine what you are feeling.

May I ask what school Wirral have offered you.. And how did you child do in the test ?
Appeal mum

Post by Appeal mum »

If I join will you? Then I can PM you if that’s ok? I just feel very out there at a time when I don't feel I should be discussing because it may affect my case.
Newbie But Stressed

Post by Newbie But Stressed »

Done!!

I've been meaning to for some time...

Post by Guest »

Thank you!
I will try to PM you now
mumstheword

Post by mumstheword »

How do i join and does that mean i could discuss personal things with Etienne without visitors to the site seeing?
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

You can join by clicking on register at the bottom of this thread.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now