Waiting forLoreto results ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
used2beroche

Waiting forLoreto results ...

Post by used2beroche »

My 2nd DD did Loreto last Saturday DD1 started there a few weeks ago!).
She said she did well in the tests and was quite happy, then an hour later casually mentioned she had skipped 20 questions in the VR test!!!! Then she said 'well maybe not 20.. i skipped the last two sections however many questions there were in them"

In the practice tests we did the Saturday before she averaged over 90% on the tests - so we were quietly confident going into Saturday. Now I have no idea what to think..... and waiting another couple of weeks is going to kill me! I am much more stressed than last year. She said she did well in the other tests - but I am waiting for her to drop a bomb about those too!!!

So can anyone extract from their DD how many questions there were in the last 2 sections of the VR test and how many questions there were in total. In the practice tests - there were 80 questions and 20 on the last two pages. So that's 25% off her mark straight away if that's the case. Only other consolation I have is that she is an August birthday - so that works in her favour a little - but not by 20 points!!

Thanks

Claire
TraffordMum

Re: Waiting forLoreto results ...

Post by TraffordMum »

Nightmare!

Did she say why she skipped the questions? ie ran out of time or they were too tricky?

I don't have a child doing the exams this year but I remember oh so well how traumatic the wait is until the results come out. Keep the faith. You know your daughter better than anyone.
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Good luck for today - Hope you get a positive result for your DD
used2beroche

Post by used2beroche »

:D
She passed (I think)!

I say I think as I am confused by the scoring - the letter says she scored 428 - and the pass mark was 325.

If each test is 140 points - that makes highest score possible 420 - and she said she had missed a few questions as well. I hope they haven't got it wrong?

Anybody understand this?

Claire
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now