Dover

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
denis denis

Dover

Post by denis denis »

Hi

Does anyone know how the system works in Dover? I know if you applied on line you will get an email from KCC on Monday telling us whether or not our dc has passed the Kent test, but what about the Dover Grammar test? Do we have to wait until Tuesday's post for that?

I've just rung KCC and talked to someone who clearly didn't know the answer but wanted to get rid of me! He reckoned we would find out Kent test on Monday by email and then Dover test on Tuesday by post. But surely not? If my child has failed the Kent test, we'll get an email telling us he's not suitable for grammar school and then (if he passes the Dover test) we'll get a letter the next day telling us he is suitable for grammar school!

Anyone know?
BusyLizzy

Re: Dover

Post by BusyLizzy »

A colleague of mine who's DD did the DGGS test a couple of years ago has told me they found out results for both on the same day - but that was when the tests were done in January. I've been wondering the same thing. The talk by headteacher at the end of the DGGS school test that Saturday suggested that they handed over all responsibility to KCC after administering their test...
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Hmmm. Annoying isn't it?! Maybe someone will come alon in a minute who knows the answer ... :D
;kysiesmum

Post by ;kysiesmum »

If you applied online you will get the Kent test results by email and a letter confirming your results the following day. This letter will also have the reslts for the Dover test on it (pass or fail only) you will then get another letter from DGSB/ DGGS with the breakdown of marks, you are not told the Dover results online.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Thanks very much for that. So, it could be that we don't know the results until Tuesday. What a pain. I was hoping it would all be over by Monday! Just hope we get a pass on Monday afternoon and then we can relax!

Thanks again.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

We didn`t get our Dover result online.....we had to wait until it came through the post the next day.
That was last year
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Thanks. I'm now resigned to the fact that if the Kent test is a no, we've still got the DGGS test but will have to wait for Tuesday for that! :o
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

My friends daughter failed the kent test, passed Dover Girls and was offered Archers Court ( been renamed this year i think). Got into DGGS on appeal.
DGGS is a really good school, if you look at the exam tables, better than Simon Langton Girls.
My DD failed the Dover exam in a rather spectacular fashion :oops:

Good luck tomorrow, and tuesday. What school are you hoping for?
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

U400JB9 wrote:My friends daughter failed the kent test, passed Dover Girls and was offered Archers Court ( been renamed this year i think). Got into DGGS on appeal.
DGGS is a really good school, if you look at the exam tables, better than Simon Langton Girls.

Why wasn't she offered a place at DGGS if she passed the test?
We're hoping for DGGS - fingers crossed!

PS Think it's Dover Christchurch Academy now.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

denis denis wrote:
U400JB9 wrote:My friends daughter failed the kent test, passed Dover Girls and was offered Archers Court ( been renamed this year i think). Got into DGGS on appeal.

Why wasn't she offered a place at DGGS if she passed the test?
We're hoping for DGGS - fingers crossed!

PS Think it's Dover Christchurch Academy now.
I think she was right on the edge of the catchment......and they would have taken her first off if she had passed both. DGGS is a terrific school so all the very best of luck. We got SLGGS last year...and she is loving it there.