Any NVR practice papers with 80 questions

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
muvvalac

Any NVR practice papers with 80 questions

Post by muvvalac »

Any one knows if any NVR practice papers are in market which has 80 (4 sections with each section 20 question)

thanks for your help
JaysDarlin

Re: Any NVR practice papers with 80 questions

Post by JaysDarlin »

What I do is I take an extra four questions per section from another paper with the same question types and add them to the end of each section. This means at times ds will do some questions he's already done, but it will give him the same feel of a 80q paper.

I had to make a separate answer sheet for this as well.
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

JaysDarlin wrote:What I do is I take an extra four questions per section from another paper with the same question types and add them to the end of each section. This means at times ds will do some questions he's already done, but it will give him the same feel of a 80q paper.

I had to make a separate answer sheet for this as well.
appreciate your reply

strange that, no publisher prints 80question nvr paper

anyway, i heard tiffin nvr will have 6 types rather than 4 which are used in slough schools

any ideas ?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

muvvalac wrote:i heard tiffin nvr will have 6 types rather than 4 which are used in slough schools
Really? Where did you hear this?
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

JaysDarlin wrote:
muvvalac wrote:i heard tiffin nvr will have 6 types rather than 4 which are used in slough schools
Really? Where did you hear this?

check this link

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30&t=12305
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

"NVR has 4 sections of 20 questions; no time limit has yet been allocated per section"

That's 4 sections which will be from the 6 available types.
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

JaysDarlin wrote:"NVR has 4 sections of 20 questions; no time limit has yet been allocated per section"

That's 4 sections which will be from the 6 available types.
Noted, looks like not many papers cover Isomorphic relationships except athey papers. I need to start looking for this Isomorphic relationships or my ds may have done with his tutor
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Sorry to sound dumb, but what are Isomorphic relationships? I thought they were most similar...? Are these not the same '6'?

codes,
matrices,
series,
Analogies, (comparison)
most alike, (isomorphic??)
most unalike (odd one out)
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

Hi Jaysdarlin,

I hope every thing is going well with your DS prep.’ and the pregnancy, my DD sat her first test in Nonsuch back in Sep and has passed with a score of 249, so fingers crossed it will be a good back up in case she does not get Tiffin. The 4 NVR sections always alternate from the 6 options as you have listed. For example the nonsuch test this year contained the following types;

content removed by moderator as some children are still to sit noonsuch test
Muvvalac, you will find isomorphic relationship is covered by nfer and bonds and it is known as similarities, its where they give two that are a like and you have to find a similar shape from a set of 5 shapes.

stressedparent
stressedparent
muvvalac

Post by muvvalac »

stressedparent wrote:Hi Jaysdarlin,

I hope every thing is going well with your DS prep.’ and the pregnancy, my DD sat her first test in Nonsuch back in Sep and has passed with a score of 249, so fingers crossed it will be a good back up in case she does not get Tiffin. The 4 NVR sections always alternate from the 6 options as you have listed. For example the nonsuch test this year contained the following types;

content removed by mod,not all children have sat test yet
Muvvalac, you will find isomorphic relationship is covered by nfer and bonds and it is known as similarities, its where they give two that are a like and you have to find a similar shape from a set of 5 shapes.

stressedparent
thanks, i was confused/worried with isomorphic word ......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now