WHSG - Transport From Dagenham/Hornchurch

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tqu08n

WHSG - Transport From Dagenham/Hornchurch

Post by tqu08n »

Good am.

Does anyone have their DD going to WHSG from Dagenham/Hornchurch?

What mode of transport - train, coach, buses?
How long is the traveltime - door to door?

I am worried that d estimated traveltime for my DD will be too long 1.5hrs each way (mix of train & bus). If she will need to stay for after school clubs/library homwork, am worried she will be exhausted by time shes home. Its a completely different study 'life' at secondary school.

Can anyone share their experience, or information they have found to assist us with the above questions etc?

Thanks
Chelmsford mum

Re: WHSG - Transport From Dagenham/Hornchurch

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hello,
I can't advise you on the Southend schools but I do know that there are a number of students who travel to chelmsford schools from that area.There are privately arramged buses from Havering.
I know of one girl who gets the tube to Liv street and then the train to Chelmsford.She has the timings down to a fine art and journey time is under an hour.
The Redbridge grammmar school are an option for you too as i am sure you know.Certainly Dagenham to Southend is quite a journey.Chelmsford might be easier as would the Woodford grammar school.
Good luck to you anyway. :D
tqu08n

Post by tqu08n »

Thanks.

Yes Chemlsford is our 1st option, but we are equally preparing for Westcliff and thinking of how transport, after school act etc will work in 'real-life'.

This is the time to do all the factfinding to ensure one has all the info to make an informed decision...its not a decison to gamble with as it has a knock-on effect on so many things.

I hope someone in the forum would assist with relevant info...please!

Regards :)
Romfordmum

Post by Romfordmum »

Our DD started in September at CCHS and travels by coach from Gallows Corner to Chelmsford every day, she leaves at 7.50 and is usually back in Romford at 4.25. She isn't very sporty so doesn't have to attend matches after school, however they seem to run alot of clubs at lunchtimes because of the vast number of girls travelling to the school. She is loving every min of school and has made many new friends. If you would like details of the coach company let me know, hope this helps. :)
tqu08n

Post by tqu08n »

Romfordmum - yes please can you give me the details for the coach company for CCHS.

I will also be interested in any coaches to Westcliff Girls...
Tapas123

Post by Tapas123 »

Hi. My daughter year 7 travels on a small mini bus to WHSG from Gidea Park. It's £35 a week in term time no charge during school holidays and I think he is considering pick up in Romford also very soon. I would recommend it.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

My DS attends CRGS in Colchester and his journey by bus is about one hour each way (sometimes longer depending on traffic). He too has a long day, out of the house by 7.30am and not back in town much before 4.45pm. However, he adapted to this really quickly (I think I was more worried about this than him). His school offer lots of lunchtime clubs because they know that the boys have a long day already. There are clubs after school, particularly sports, but they finish by about 5pm and these are all optional. We are fortunate that my DS can get the service bus home if needed. You may find that you will be able to car share with other parents for any after-school clubs. My DS has homework every night and lots of it but he has adapted really well and it doesn't interfere with sports that he does outside of school either. Good luck to you and your DD.
percy99

Post by percy99 »

Hello I am new to this forum and my DD has got into WHSG and I saw the post this post regarding a bus from Gidea Park to WHSG can you please tell me the name of the bus company or a phone number as I need to look into this

thank you