3d cubes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

firsttimermum

3d cubes

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has seen any questions or resources that could help with 3d cube questions?? Foe example 3d blocks put together with symbols on some faces ......and then a choice of 2d representations which represent the 3d structure?? I have also posted on non-verbal section....as I am struggling to explain what i mean to DS and then how to teach her???

Any info would be appreciated!!

Thanx

FTM
bromley mum

Re: 3d cubes

Post by bromley mum »

I went along to the Garage and bought the cubes they sell to hang in the car (the air freshner ones). We used those to visualise the problems. It worked for us. DD then could see for eg which face of the cube could never be next to which other face and so on. Dice are good too, but we have lost all our dice!!!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

You can cut these and make the shapes

http://www.nelsonthornes.com/bond/pdfs/ ... 0Cubes.pdf
Impossible is Nothing.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

Hi! Thankyou for the tips, i have used lego blocks, and the cubes on the website, but according to DS the questions have clusters of blocks together and you have to find the correct nets for those!

FTM
um

Post by um »

bromley mum wrote:I went along to the Garage and bought the cubes they sell to hang in the car (the air freshner ones). We used those to visualise the problems. It worked for us. DD then could see for eg which face of the cube could never be next to which other face and so on. Dice are good too, but we have lost all our dice!!!

Aaargh... I am allergic to these and this brings back memories of one asthma attack in particular about 6 years ago! (yes, it is possible to be allergic to cubes - a good one to try on appeal!). Just thought I would mention this in case anyone makes their child ill before the exam...but the principle is great - non scented toddler toys can be substituted if needed!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now