Submitting CAF on eadmissions.org.uk:any disadvantages?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
greenvallley

Submitting CAF on eadmissions.org.uk:any disadvantages?

Post by greenvallley »

Hi All
I am getting ready to submit the CAF form online and wondered if this is definitely a better option than by registered post to our council.Did anyone encounter any problems with this method?Would appreciate some general feedback.

Thank you
RaineB

Re: Submitting CAF on eadmissions.org.uk:any disadvantages?

Post by RaineB »

I filled in the form for DS yesterday online and it worked like a dream. For our local authority (North East Lincs), we were sent an ID number with the initial letter informing us of the admissions process. Minor irritation in having to register on the website first but other than that it was very simple. It also had a look up table so you didn't have to have all the details of the schools to hand.

Other positives were that I received an email immediately afterwards to confirm that it had been received, the form can be changed up until the closing date if you change your mind for any reason, and you get an email with the school allocation in March so you get to know asap.

Hope that helps :) .
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

We submitted our caf on-line two years ago (North Yorkshire) and it all went very smoothly.

As has been said, you get an acknowledgement straight away and you know without doubt they've received it.

Again, we could change the details right up to the last minute so no problems there.

Only downside was the offers came in the post as usual :(
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

I did it online last year. I got the confirmation email and saved/printed it. It's a good job I did because I then got a phonecall from the LEA asking why I hadn't filled in a CAF. They found it in the end, but it was a stress that I didn't need :evil:
You can read it herehttp://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=70 starts halfway down page 8.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
greenvallley

Post by greenvallley »

I have sent off the CAF online in the end and received the confirmation email. Just to be sure I 'll try to get through to the councils admissions office tomorrow in the hope they can reassure me, the number is so busy these days .I wonder if the local councils have immediate access to the submitted forms?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now