royal grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

royal grammar

Post by Guest »

is royal grammar a good skl i need some info about the skl or anyone hu goes there.im copqarin it against qe

Post by Guest »

Everyone makes typos and uses the odd abbreviation, but I hope the child you intend to send to a grammar school is more able to write a legible sentence than you are.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Second guest I think first guest might be a pupil - there is no need to be personal anyway!

Post by Guest »

Well if they're a potential pupil, that's even worse!

i also agree

Post by Guest »

yes i also agree with gest number 2. i wonder what's happening to parents and pupils of todays generation (obviously it doesn't apply to everyone). lets hope for the best for the future of this international language and our kids. please forgive me for my garmmar and spelling as i am one of those who made true effort to learn English and still working hard to improve it. i am a parent and don't feel ashamed to learn from my school going children. thanks for reading.
Anonymous wrote:Well if they're a potential pupil, that's even worse!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

One of the rules of this forum is not to be rude - hence my comment
Sally-Anne

Re: royal grammar

Post by Sally-Anne »

Anonymous wrote:is royal grammar a good skl i need some info about the skl or anyone hu goes there.im copqarin it against qe
I think Guest55 is probably right, and the post is from a pupil - in fact I think it's someone who has posted the same question before.

I think the language is what is known as "text speak", a completely foreign language to me, but fully intelligible to anyone aged 11!

Sally-Anne
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Anonymous wrote:Well if they're a potential pupil, that's even worse!
I agree with Sally-Anne that this is 'text speak'. My son is completely familiar with it mainly through internet games, but he can also spell and write in english! A young poster may think that text speak is a usual forum style.
hugh

Post by hugh »

I think the sentiment of the second post was perhaps fair, but that the way it was expressed was needlessly harsh.

As for the Royal Grammer, it was too far away for us to consider, so I know little about it. But what is "qe" - is it Queen Elizabeth Barnet? If it's not a Bucks school, there may be few people who can give a useful and knowledgeable comparison of two schools in different authorities whose catchments don't overlap. You could also post the query on the Herts forum (which includes Barnet).

Until you get any specific info, look at BBC for league table data: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/default.stm

Also look at OFSTED reports, though beware that they are somewhat formulaic in the phrases etc they use: http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/

Also Google for the schools themselves and their websites.