NVR Timing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopefuldad

NVR Timing

Post by Hopefuldad »

A couple of questions that I need clarifying.

1.All sample papers I have come across have two practice questions at the start of each section, do they allow you extra time for these or is it part of the allocated section time ?

2. Do they give you a 1-2 minute warning before the allocated time is complete ?
muffinmonster

Re: NVR Timing

Post by muffinmonster »

Hi hopefuldad

In recent years, the normal procedure in Redbridge has been for the children to do a whole practice paper on the day, then take a break, then do the real thing. If you look at previous conversations in this seciton, you'll see that the children have often commented that the practice paper was harder than the real thing! Obviously this means that they don't have to allow time for practice questions when it comes to the real paper.

However, this year the setup is different, as they are doing both VR and NVR on the same day (until last year they sat the papers on different days), so it may be that there won't be time for a whole practice paper.

My understanding is that extra time is given to do the practice questions, but I will check with DS's tutor at the weekend. (Will also check about your question 2 - I'm curious about that myself as have been practising timing with DS.)