how many girls wallington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

whathappened

how many girls wallington

Post by whathappened »

Hi, do you think we will find out how many girls took the wallington test.just curious.thank you
abr

Re: how many girls wallington

Post by abr »

Unfortunately no such information was given in the letter we received from wallington girls. It would be good to know how many girls appeared for the exam and how many passed. While most of the other schools in this area provide this info, I cant understand why wallington girls would not let us know this very basic information.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi abr, It does seem strange that Nonsuch can do this but not Wallington.It would seem the obvious thing to do to help everyone along with their choices and the whole process run smoothly.What harm would it do? I could understand if all the grammars held back the scores,but they don't.Oh well,just have to try to forget everything until March!! good luck to us all
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

Hi to all,

I do not think it is in their advantage to tell you your mark and rank, they have lost out in the past to super selectives like nonesuch and Tiffin in attracting the very brightest candidates. They need more than 500 to list them on the caf because remember a lot of the girls that sit the Wallington test also sit Tiffin and Nonsuch. Around the top 300 on their list end up going to Tiffin and Nonsuch, it will leave them only 300 to choose from. To minimise the risk they have decided against letting you know the results. So as a caring parent wanting the best for your child you will have to list them on the CAF, bingo job is done! It is only done to protect their interest and attract as many applicants that passed the test as possible. I had registered my daughter to take the test but in the end we have decided against it, it was too far to travel. Good luck to all of you.

stressedparent
stressedparent
abr

Post by abr »

Good point stressedparent. I guess that is somewhat similar to Wallington boys also not giving out scores, as they are competing with Wilson for the best students and want to have a certain critical mass of boys naming them on the CAF.

It is just that the whole process does not need to be this difficult and create parents who are as your forum handle suggests.

You are indeed brave to not even have your DD sit the test especially when the WHSG test was before the Non Such result date.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Thank you stressedparent,that makes sense. I would be interested how many more sat the test than last year.It is a frustrating wait but i am just grateful dd passed and if she doesnt get in she did her best.thanks for all the support
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

Dear abr and whathappened,

To be frank with you, we have not taken the test @ Wallington due to the following reasons. Firstly, it is too far to travel and secondly, even though she was good @ maths my daughter preparation was mainly VR and NVR from day one. We are aiming for 4 grammar schools in the following order, Tiffin,Nonsuch, Kendrick and St beranard catholic grammar school. All these schools test VR and NVR so I have felt it was a bit of a waste of time to concentrate on maths preparation. I wish you all best and hang on there because good news always will come eventually.

stressedparent
stressedparent
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now