Pates waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GLgirl

Pates waiting list

Post by GLgirl »

Please can anyone tell me how far down the Pates waiting list went last year? I've been hearing different reports.

Thanks
Ayeup

Re: Pates waiting list

Post by Ayeup »

We visited the school this morning and were told that last year there was little movement and they only went down to the early 130's. However, in previous years they had been down much further.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Well we are early 130's (134)and Im thinking we probably wont get a place-thing is...who knows?Ive heard a few possibly arent taking their place up but ateotd we will only know come March(maybe!)
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

It willgo to 138.....it will goto 138.....it will go to 138
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
happychap

Post by happychap »

I believe it went past 135 the year before last.
Milla

Post by Milla »

I think it went well into the 150s the year before.
allovernow

Post by allovernow »

It did indeed only reach the low 130's last year and there was surprisingly very little movement after March 1. As stated, previous years saw much more volatility. I think this is a reflection of the economy (lots of indie candidates getting offered and taking their places maybe). How things will shake down this year, it's hard to say ...
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Hey - you can always appeal for Pates. Despite rumours that no-one ever wins a Pates appeal, for the last 3 years at least 2 have each year with one year going to three. Note that these are as at the start of term 1, and that there can be later (ad-hoc) appeals that are not included in those figures.

With only a few appeals being won each year, the chances of enough children moving away from the school in each year is quite high, so they may get back down to below PAN and offer places from the waiting list. They keep the list going for quite some time, I think.
Capers
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

We are considering it Capers, I think we have good cause,however I am praying that it won't come to that. Hopefully all those extremely confident dcs will decide that they are better off at Eton or Harrow etc.... :lol:
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I believe one is going to Crypt so one place up for grabs already. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now