Buses from Faversham to Canterbury East

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nigs

Buses from Faversham to Canterbury East

Post by nigs »

Anyone know if there is a good linkup between Faversham and Canterbury East by bus for Simon Langton Girls and if the Freedom Pass can be used.

I believe there is a free pickup bus for the girls' school from the Canterbury East station?
U400JB9

Re: Buses from Faversham to Canterbury East

Post by U400JB9 »

There is a link bus from the main bus station in the centre of town. Girls from Herne Bay use the freedom passes so I don`t see why now.
Just be aware, SLGGS is quite strict on the catchment, which was just under 6 miles last year.

edited to say I`ve just realised you`re talking about the 6th form so I`m sure catchment is different
katel

Post by katel »

My dd goes from Fav to SLGGS. She has a freedom pass. The bus goes to the bus station in Canterbury. There is then a shuttle bus to the school - but it's not free!
nigs

Post by nigs »

Thank you U400JB9 and katel.

Katel, how much is it for the shuttle bus?
katel

Post by katel »

Dd says it used to be a pound but she thinks it's gone up to 1.50. She's not sure because she uses her Freedom Pass.

Be warned, though, the Freedopm Passes only go up to 16 - although they are talking about extending it to the 6th form.
nigs

Post by nigs »

Now that has definitely put a spanner in the works!!!

Didn't realise Freedom Pass was only up to 16. What with the government cuts, I doubt that they will extend to sixth form. Ok, will have to re-jig things.